Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you go out with your prefolds?

We use AIO'S or pockets when out and about but we have a petunia picklebottom knock off backpack version diaper bag so it helps since its roomy and I just carry it like a backpack I have taken prefolds with me so its possible and we trifold so we dont worry about all the other stuff like snappis

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
mama2winnie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use pfs out and about too, including trips. If it's a short trip less than 6 hours I use a planetwise wetdry bag and put pfs, doublers, xtra cover, xtra snappi, wipes, tiny spray bottle and pair of pants all in the bag. If it's a longer trip I pack my diaper bag the same with except I add a few more. For longer trips I fill the bottom of my suitcase with pfs lying flat then 2 wet dry bags, with the "dry" part filled with my covers, snappis etc. I honestly haven't had a problem and I find I'm carrying far less than moms who may be using disposables. I've thought about carrying pockets instead but it seems like they take up more room. Even when we are out all day my bag doesn't seem any bigger than others I see and I don't use a stroller I use a sling so I'm very conscious of the weight.
mama2winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Umm it's very easy to me I use cloth full-time since birth so the wetbag and cloth wipes are already in my bag. They don't take up any room. When I'm leaving, depending on where I'm going, it's super easy to take an extra cover or two and stuff it in a side pocket. Again, takes up no room. Then I take 2-3 prefolds and trifold then fold in half. Doesn't take up much more room than a travel wipes pack. If I go out with prefolds, I don't use a snappi or pins. I just do a angel wing fold and then instead of fastening it, I pull the cover up snug. So you still get the coverage but I do have 2 extra covers in case. I change every 1.5-2 hours like at home. No leaks with good covers. If I'm going to be gone all day long I will bring some pockets but to the store or a friends house or something, prefolds are fine.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 other kids I have to tote around besides the baby and all her stuff so I carry as little as possible. I use my megaroo prefolds when out since they take up way less space that a regular prefold. I keep the bigger bag in the car and keep a diaper or 2, a cover, small wetbag and travel wipes container right in my purse. I carry a small purse and it fits with room to spare.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I trifold the wide way a premium PF in a Flip or Econobum cover and call myself good. The width gives me great coverage and the thick center pad from folding the wide way works wonders.

We are rarely out more than a few hours so I take an extra pf laid in a cover ready to go just in case but that premium PF will hold for at least 3 hours. Changing is pretty quick and easy with the pf laid in the cover. I just put the cover and pf under her change her out of her old diaper and snap on the new cover with pf inside.

For wipes I just have a few pre moistened wipes in a little cloth PUL lined travel envelope. I don't carry a diaper bag, I only carry a purse. I DO have a diaper bag in the car that I keep stocked with a few extra diapers I don't use very often for emergencies with disposable wipes, a wet bag, extra clothes, etc.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 01-06-2011 at 12:20 PM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
MarcieLynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do! DD2 is 2 now, and I don't change her even close to every 2 hours. When we go out, I just throw a couple of prefolds into my diaper bag, where the small wetbag and wipes already are. I usually try to make sure that I have an extra cover, too, but can usually just use the same cover that she's wearing. I don't bother with liners and I don't pack extra snappis. It takes me literally no time at all for the actual change, so it's no different than any other type of diaper change. It's just what we do!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #17
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the advice! I can see how having the larger bag in the car helps... I think thats what I will do. I don't have a ton of covers ( two thirsties) and I use wool 95% of the time so I find myself changing all the time to make sure nothing is saturated.
I think it does not help that I got a really nice purse for Christmas that I like to waer and I don;t want to go back to a baby bag! I'm going to try a few ways to pack it and see if I can manage something .

Before the yeast attack, I just carried a very large bag around everywhere, but that was when I had a small baby lol, now I have a toddler and I don't want to carry him and a bag.

I'm swaggin now!! Come join me
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Niknak22
LovelyMum is offline   Reply With Quote