Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Parker's_Mommy1116
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
RagaBabes cost?

So I've heard a lot of people ask why RagaBabes are so expensive. Here's why they charge what they do. I copied this directly from their web site

Q. Can you please explain the cost of your diapers? I can buy some other brands for less.

A. First of all, please remember that we have created 2 completely different products. Our 'Easy' All-In-One is meant to be something that is easy, cute, different, fun and the most convenient cloth diaper imaginable. It's more expensive than some brands simply because it's expensive for us to make, both material-wise (bamboo, 17 different print/color options) and labor-wise.
There are well over 20 component parts that are involved in putting these together. It is very custom and it took us forever to find anyone that had the sewing skill or even want to try making our diapers for us. We pay our seamstresses very well, and although offered many times, did not want our labor to go outside of the USA just to save a few bucks. We are excited to support families in need of work here.
We knew going into it that some people would balk at the price, but we just weren't willing to sacrifice a single part of our diaper. We're not expecting everyone to have an entire stash of these beauties, but just to throw in a few if they can afford it. You also have to keep in mind that even if our 'Easy' AIOs did make up your entire stash, you'd still save big bucks over disposables. It's just that your investment is up-front rather than draining your pockets over the course of 3 years.
We think people will feel they've gotten their money's worth once they see how well they function, how quick they dry, that it works as a night time diaper, etc. There's nothing worse than spending a lot of money on a diaper because you can't resist it, just to find that it leaks, is poorly made, or that you have to end up putting a cover over the top of it anyway
Also, don't forget in our 'Easy' AIO package, you are also getting an organic cotton sherpa liner which knocks the price down of the diaper.
That being said, our other option, the RagaBabe Organic ‘2-step’, is a VERY affordable option. For $31.95, you get a cover, an organic insert, and a doubler. You can add additional inserts for $7-8 more. We recommend 3 inserts to 1 cover. Based on that, for under $50, you get the equivalent of 3 diapers plus a doubler for night use. This brings the cost down to under $16 per diaper, making our ‘2-steps’ one of the least expensive organic US made diapers on the market.
Also, because of our sizing snaps, it will grow with your baby and rather than having to re-buy a new cover, you can just buy a bigger size of insert if your baby needs it. No extra bulk on little babies. Quality is still top of the line, and even though we don't offer it in a million options, they are still rockin' our unique look.
The other factor many people don't consider is re-selling their diapers. Many diapers that are made of cheaper materials are in no condition to be re-sold or used on a second child after as little as 6 months of heavy use. Our diapers will last much longer than most because of the quality. High quality cloth diapers have a re-sale value of 50-75% of retail price. Paying $10 more up front for our 'Easy' AIO diapers will actually end up saving you money over buying cheaper brands if you can make back over half of what you paid -- and you've still gotten the benefit of using a diaper that works and fits well.
These are little things that are hard for some people to understand when they just get turned off by a price tag. But we are trusting that our savvy cloth diapering mamas will be able to see this and support our decision to choose both "quality" and "made in the good 'ol USA". Sermon over.

IMO these diapers are definitely worth the cost!!!

Advertisement

Parker's_Mommy1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
mommakris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: RagaBabes cost?

can i ask- when the ordering site says you need 3-4 inserts for the aio- what do they mean? i am confused-
Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Me too. I'm safe though they are out of DS's size.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Parker's_Mommy1116
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakris View Post
can i ask- when the ordering site says you need 3-4 inserts for the aio- what do they mean? i am confused-
She's talking about the AI2 system instead of the AIO. The AIO doesn't require an insert the soaker is sewn in. But it does have a pocket opening where you can add absorbency if needed. Here's the AIO http://www.ragababe.com/All-In-One_Features.html And here is the AI2 http://www.ragababe.com/Cover_Features.html
Parker's_Mommy1116 is offline   Reply With Quote