Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BEST BOTTOMS-How do they fit?

Best Bottoms-Good? Bad? How do they fit? I don't know whether to get the medium or large inserts. DS is about 21lbs and fits the medium setting in a flip cover. Any help is appreciated

Spam me if you have some for sale!

Advertisement

Queen Bee 2 Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BEST BOTTOMS-How do they fit?

They did not fit my DS well. The legs were tight and left red marks after a few changes. And the aplix was so stiff that it started scratching my son's belly and thighs. We could never get the snaps to fit right, they always looked like they were falling off. He is 2 and about 27 lbs. He is average size, not chunky or skinny.

That being said, you can get the large inserts. The medium is kind of filler size, and most people can skip it altogether. I have a friend who uses the large inserts for both her average sized two year old and her chunky 6 month old with no problems.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some and I think they fit on the smaller side. DS is 3months and 17lbs...chunkster...and they fit a little odd on him. The cover is really stiff compared to the flip system. I got the medium inserts because I thought they would be okay for how old he is. He is on the medium setting on the flips and the med/large setting in the BB's...I was hoping they would last a little longer because of the 4 rise settings but they fit smaller, so ugh. I still use them and don't have any complaints of leaking or anything, but I wish they were a little better for me. I have a snaps one and an aplix and I like them equally. I think they seem small because the fit is under the belly instead of on top if that makes sense.
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmm now I am second guessing trying the best bottoms! I love flips but wanted the black and bright orange color that best bottoms has.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never tried them but I researched FOR.EV.ER thinking they would be awesome for us...but I kept running across reviews that said the legs were too tight. So I ended up not buying. Have you looked on diaperpin reviews?

I love the fit of flips...but yeah, the colors..well. Not my faves. When I wanted a super cute cover that worked similarly to flip I used weehuggers. I really liked em. Some people love em, some people don't. But they are DANG CUTE!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Never tried them but I researched FOR.EV.ER thinking they would be awesome for us...but I kept running across reviews that said the legs were too tight. So I ended up not buying. Have you looked on diaperpin reviews?

I love the fit of flips...but yeah, the colors..well. Not my faves. When I wanted a super cute cover that worked similarly to flip I used weehuggers. I really liked em. Some people love em, some people don't. But they are DANG CUTE!
Thanks!

I have tried weehuggers and I didn't really love them. I don't like the bamboo flap and the one I got never fit right.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have ordered a few and expect them soon, and I will post you some pics/reviews. I have heard good and bad reviews and really just want to try for myself. Everyone has different size babies and different likes for fit, so I tend to want to know for myself.