Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Thumbs down I feel horrible...had to break out the formula today

I know I shouldn't feel bad cause I am just taking care of my baby but I do. AF is due any day now and my supply always tanks big time. Last month I took Fenugreek about 4 days before it started and it seemed to help compared to the month prior. Idk it seems every month is worse than the month before. Maybe cause LO is more hungry the older he gets Idk The only reason I haven't started taking it this month is because I thought it was coming early but now I 'm not sure since nothing more has happened since this AM and it gives me bad diarrhea tmi But I couldn't take it anymore tonight, he was nursing every 20-30 min and I was getting a blister on my left side. He needed to sleep since he'd been up well past his bedtime. So I topped him off with 2oz of formula He fell asleep shortly after that.
Is is possible that the older he gets the harder this is going to get every month since my supply is affected so badly? I guess I need to start pumping again so I can offer bm instead of formula....gosh I really despise pumping! lol

Thanks for letting me vent....again!

Advertisement

runzbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I feel horrible...had to break out the formula today

Have you tried taking a Calcium/Magnesium supplement around that time to see if it helps? That's what I've read makes the biggest difference with those dips.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YES ^^^

http://susuibu101.blogspot.com/2007/...stfeeding.html
Old 01-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Nope, never heard of that. Will have to try that. Is it too late to start taking to make a difference??
Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took a calcium/magnesium supplement daily while I was still working and pumping. I barely noticed a drop in my supply due to AF. It will also help reduce any nipple pain you might experience around ovulation. Another quick fix is powdered metamucil. I used it once for a couple of days and started drenching my clothes!
Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf View Post
I took a calcium/magnesium supplement daily while I was still working and pumping. I barely noticed a drop in my supply due to AF. It will also help reduce any nipple pain you might experience around ovulation. Another quick fix is powdered metamucil. I used it once for a couple of days and started drenching my clothes!
Huh, I will def have to give that a try cause between nipple pain and cramps and having a baby latched on almost 24/7 cause he's hungry is the pits!
For the metamucil, just drink per directions or what?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
dr_comer
Registered Users

I know, at least for me, pumping is time consuming but you could try adding 1-2 sessions. Also if nursling will nurse more frequently, a baby is way more efficient than any pump will be. I get bad nipple pain also, which can be terrible if you have an aggressive nurser! I eat oatmeal and sometimes add fenugreek tea. Lots of people say drink plenty of water, I don't notice that much of a difference. The metamucil idea is interesting, I wonder why that works? Good luck
Elexis
dr_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_comer View Post
I know, at least for me, pumping is time consuming but you could try adding 1-2 sessions. Also if nursling will nurse more frequently, a baby is way more efficient than any pump will be. I get bad nipple pain also, which can be terrible if you have an aggressive nurser! I eat oatmeal and sometimes add fenugreek tea. Lots of people say drink plenty of water, I don't notice that much of a difference. The metamucil idea is interesting, I wonder why that works? Good luck
Elexis
Yeah pumping sucks! No pun intended! lol He eats pretty darn frequently as it is. I could add a pumping session when he naps I guess....Uggghhh I just don't like pumping, especially when I already feel like crap!
I'm going to make some lactation cookies today. We'll get thru this, we do every month lol It just seems like it's getting harder and harder every month. I've had AF since 8 weeks PP and DS is 8 months next week!