Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Mommabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you are "larger" chested and hate most nursing bras...

Which did you finally find that worked for you?! I keep ordering and returning bras, and sold off the ones I did own... now I only have a nursing tank from Target and some stretched out sleep bras from Motherhood. This is very bad.. I'm a 34F and need some suggestions!!!! Let me know which bras you LOVE, and if they run true to size, or bigger/smaller. PLEASE HELP ME ... the "girls" are just hanging free most of the time and I really need some support... esp on days when I have to go in the office!

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you are "larger" chested and hate most nursing bras...

I like Bravadol nursing bras
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0009WL3ZA
Old 06-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a 44 J and I wore the Fancee Free Extra Support Nursing Bra. Its not the sexiest bra out there but it is comfortable and it fit well. I still wear the ones have even thought I am no longer nursing. Good luck in your search.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

44 DD the first time around, 46 DDD by the time James was done. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5026122 and at only $12, you can afford to give them a try.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

This one is not sexy but I love it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0000867DC

I also like this one and it's pretty:

http://www.biggerbras.com/freya-big-...ac=2&zmap=8094

but I'm actually getting ready to sell one of the Freya bras (the second link). I bought one in 34FF and one in 36F -- I think I'm going to list the 36F for sale here in a few days (as soon as I get around to taking a picture). I really wanted 2 of the 34FF but they only had 1 in stock at the shop I was at, and so I picked up a 36F and now I wish I hadn't spent the money.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
curlymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a 34D that exploded to a 34F-H, depending on the bra, while I was nursing. I tried bras from Target - didn't work - and Motherhood laughed me out of the store when I went looking for nursing bras there. Not a good experience.

Anyways, the two nursing bras I ended up loving were the Anita Nursing Bra (it's actually a pretty bra too!) and a Second Nature bra (not pretty, but great support).

I've tried bravado, too, but they always fit me oddly.

If there are any specialty maternity/nursing clothing stores in your area, I would really recommend going in for a sizing. That's how I ended up finding the bras I fell in love with. I'd never been sized before, and it made all the difference. I've also resigned myself to paying around $50 for a bra, which is what really supportive new nursing bras have cost me.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My absolute fave nursing bra is the Olga Baby 'n Me, but it only goes up to 40DD I can still wear mine, but I have to use an extender. I tried something like a Bravado and I wasn't impressed at all. To me the biggest challenge seems to be finding something that fits right and doesn't give you a funky shape
Old 06-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlymommy View Post
If there are any specialty maternity/nursing clothing stores in your area, I would really recommend going in for a sizing. That's how I ended up finding the bras I fell in love with. I'd never been sized before, and it made all the difference. I've also resigned myself to paying around $50 for a bra, which is what really supportive new nursing bras have cost me.
I totally agree! Getting fitted by a professional did great things for me. I actually went to a specialty bra store that specializes in larger sizes. I first went there for a bra for my wedding, then for nursing bras for my first baby, then again for my second. What I found out was that I (like most women) was wearing a band size too large and a cup size too small. I had been in 36D when what I needed was 34DD (before babies). I had been fitted at Victoria's Secret and they had said 36D but they didn't really know what they were doing. I love wearing bras that actually fit and support.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
tawnia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wear a 40 J while nursing, and my favorite nursing bra is the Royce 604. I got mine at Creative Woman-- The Wizard of Bras. http://home.flash.net/~bras/index.htm

It is an expensive bra, but well-made and pretty, with great support and cup-coverage.

Hope you find a good bra for you!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
worldsaver
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
44 DD the first time around, 46 DDD by the time James was done. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5026122 and at only $12, you can afford to give them a try.
OMG that's my fav too! I'm a 36DDD

Last edited by worldsaver; 06-01-2007 at 08:25 PM.
worldsaver is offline   Reply With Quote