Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Welcome Ethan James...Finally...Birth Story

So everyone knows that I was a week overdue with my little munchkin. I had been having contractions for days..and nothing was happening. I went to my midwife appointemnt on the moday and asked if I could have an u/s for growth to see really how big this baby was . I knew he was big bc I just felt baby everywhere and he was super heavy. They weren't gonna do one until Thursday, but I ended up going on the Tuesday. Expected weight came back at 10lbs 13oz. I was set up to be induced for Thursday to meet with an OB at the hospital.

So we got there at 8am, after saying goodbye to my other kids (I think I cried most of Wed night bc that is the first time I've been away from teh kids and I had no clue when I'd be home again)
I was admitted and we were sent to a labor room to wait fro the doctor to come for a consult. When she finally came around 930, we went through a list of pros and cons for a vaginal delivery with such a big baby...way way too many risks so I opted for the csection. She checked me anyway and at thsi point I was 4cms. Csection was booked for 530 the same night, so we just had to wait it out.

At 4pm my nurse came in to give me the news that most likely the section wouldnt be until at least 730 now, things were a bit backed up. After she left, I started having contrax 2 mins apart. We timed them for 5 contrax and thought we should call her back in. I was already in my post partum room, so she brought me back to the labor room and hooked me up to the monitors...the contrax were off the charts. She quickly called the ob in and checked and i was sitting at a 6cm.
Things after this went pretty quickly bc they threw me on a stretcher, gave me that icky tasting crap and wheeled me away. I had my spinal (which was the worst thing ever) and Ethan was born at 601pm. He was 11lbs 6oz and quite the little celeb to all the nurses. I had my tubes tied while she was in there, and just remember getting sick a few times on poor Steve.

I got to Nurse Ethan while I was in Recovery and he was such a champ.
We came home yesterday (Saturday 11/27) and I'm really sore but happy to be home.

It's funny how things happen bc I found out after the fact that the other 2 sections that were befoer me didnt end up happening..they were bumped for other surgeries and happened Friday instead. Ethan had other plans!!!

I'll get some pics posted either today or tomorrow. Glad to be able to sleep on my back and not have to pee every 3 seconds.
Bummed that I couldn't have him naturally, but I don't know if even with trying it would have worked out (his head measured in at 41.5cms...mw told me the average nbs noodle is 35)

Advertisement

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
MrsAmandaRJordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Welcome Ethan James...Finally...Birth Story

WOW!! That is amazing mama! I am glad that you sound very happy and I am jealous that you get to sleep on your back...Can't wait for pictures!!

I am also mother to Kai (3/15/02) C-Section, Helen (10/21/07) C-Section,Liam (12/7/10) HBA2C, Declan (Due 7/26/13) HOPEFULLY VBAC
MrsAmandaRJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congrats on your big guy
my biggest was 10lbs 10oz and sounds like your labor was goin fast too
i went from 4-10cm in 4 hours with him super easy home birth
but yeah i'd be a lil scared of 11lbs too lol
i thought my next would be bigger than the last but he came a lil early and slipped right out at 9#14oz.
hope u didnt buy too many nb clothes i never do

omg 16in. head ouch and i thought my guys 15 was huge!!

Last edited by mommyshanti; 11-28-2010 at 02:02 PM.
mommyshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
patooty
Registered Users
seller

I birthed a 10 lb 4 oz baby with the head in the 95th percentile for circumference. you feel like you are breaking in half.

Homeschooling, Above Rubies reading, :bf support, semi- crunchy, selective- vaxing, family bed, home birthing, AP mama to 5 princesses, 1 intact prince and some gone before us. Recovered addict to I live here : I water birthed unassisted by choice to birthday triplets
patooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patooty View Post
I birthed a 10 lb 4 oz baby with the head in the 95th percentile for circumference. you feel like you are breaking in half.
sorry mama
that def. was not my experience though each person is different bad thing is you never know until it happens

alisha hope your feeling back to normal soon
Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow big baby! Congrats

I had a 10lber and it was my 2nd easiest birth, but i think my pelvis is made for that, i doubt if he was 11lbs he would have fit! LOL
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
ablessedmommy
Registered Users
seller

Congrats!
ablessedmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Mommy9
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: Welcome Ethan James...Finally...Birth Story

Thanks for sharing your story! What a big baby! Can't wait to see pictures of him.