Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question About Wool.....

I'm pretty new to Diaper Swappers and was hoping that someone could help answer a couple of questions? I have been using cloth for close to a year now, but have not gone past either prefolds with regular cover and pocket diapers. My question is how to wool covers go? Are they used just like other covers (proraps etc)? Are they better for day use or night use. I am totally lost when it comes to wool. I wanted to buy some wool covers but wasn't sure what to do with them. Also, what are the longer ones for? Thanks!!

Kristen Loving wife to Tim
Mommy to Chris(11) Kaitlyn(6 ) TJ(4) and Natalie(1.5)
the4yosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Cause Thats How I Roll
My Mood:
Re: Question About Wool.....

You can buy wool covers that are like proraps or close to it, but they arent knit or crocheted wool it's wool interlock which is good for day time use but I would recommend it for nap times or night if you have a heavy wetter.
Now, lets say like knit or crocheted wool soaker or shorties/longies is better for nap times, long car rides, over night. Wool is very breathable, and antibacterial. You wash them 1-2 weeks unless you get poo or something like that on them in luke warm water with wool wash, let air dry and dab a little lanolin on them. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.
Wool is a little more expensive especially if you go with a knit item. But definitley worth it in the end. Hope that didnt confuse you anymore haha
Jena. Fabulous Mama To 3 year old Riley Nicole & 7 week old Logan Parker born @ home.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote