Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone tried contours?

we were going to try out some contours as well...also made at home, by a friend, or my mama lol. i still need to get a sewing machine to be able to make them myself lol. anyhow we were going to do 8 layers and what i was thinking to cut drying time was to sew separately 4 layers and then sew together width wise down the middle. hope that helps! the reason i saw 8 layers is b/c some infant pf's and the premium pf's both have 8 layers down the middle. leg elastic is probably a good idea too. and i as well was thinking of making the "wings" a bit bigger for more coverage and to be able to pin/snappi.

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:46 PM   #12
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
I tried Kissaluvs contours and Doodlebottoms contours and preferred fitteds over either one. Because there's no elastic in the legs, everything runs out onto the cover (even more of a problem with a newborn) and I never did it enough to get the hang of snappis. I did like the quick dry doubler in the Doodlebottoms better than Kissaluvs but in the end, I sold both to fund more fitteds. What about the possibility of "semi-fitteds"? I think that's what they're called. Sort of like a prefold with a little elastic sewn on either side of the middle to hug the legs a little better.
yeah like a prefitted that you just lay in the cover or snappi. Then you don't have to fold but you don't have to make a whole fitted either

I have some with elastic in the back and legs and others just in the legs. But for us I don't see that it matters on the ones I snappi
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #13
belladonna
Registered Users

I used contours when my last 2 girls were tiny. No problems if I had a good cover on over them. I made them with my diaper making scraps, 3 layers of velour, flannel, hemp fleece or sherpa.

My cheapest & easiest option from 6-7 lbs was actually white adult sized terry washcloths from walmart instead of diapers. I bought 10 packs for $5 and just tri-folded them into a cover, no pins or snappis, the texture helped keep the poo on the washcloth instead of the cover, legs, back, you know how it is, lol. I also used them as little pocket stuffers. I later used them for emergency wipes and even sewed some into fitteds (as the internal soaker) when I had a few minutes to sew one.
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

boy was I shocked to see this on the front page after so long! I actually did end up making 6 fitted contours for Miranda, they are 2 body layers of sherpa, three layers of sherpa in the soaker and a stay dry layer of fleece on the soaker, I took a pic.