Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is it my supply or her demand...

DD is 5 1/2 months and HIGHLY distractable.
For the past couple of weeks I have had a hard time nursing her during the day and she has started nursing more at night. I figured it was normal for this stage, but aren't they also more efficient nursers by now?

She previously slept anywhere from 4-8 hours when she first went down for the night. She would nurse and then go back to sleep for 2-3 hours at a time until it was time to get up for the day. She was sleeping in her crib.

For the past week, I have not been able to lay her down in her crib for the night for longer than 1 hour. After the first hour, I cannot lay her back down at all. I have been bringing her to bed with me out of desperation, but I'm not really wanting to. I have nothing against cosleeping in general, it just makes me nervous and I don't sleep well.

Does it sound like a supply issue? How can I get her feeding more during the day with a 22 month old brother running around? Or does it sound like something else? Any advice is appreciated!

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
DaisyDiaper728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it my supply or her demand...

My DD did this when she got her first teeth...right around the same age. And yes, she was very distractable, too.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
mama0609
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum
DD is 5 1/2 months and HIGHLY distractable.
For the past couple of weeks I have had a hard time nursing her during the day and she has started nursing more at night. I figured it was normal for this stage, but aren't they also more efficient nursers by now?

She previously slept anywhere from 4-8 hours when she first went down for the night. She would nurse and then go back to sleep for 2-3 hours at a time until it was time to get up for the day. She was sleeping in her crib.

For the past week, I have not been able to lay her down in her crib for the night for longer than 1 hour. After the first hour, I cannot lay her back down at all. I have been bringing her to bed with me out of desperation, but I'm not really wanting to. I have nothing against cosleeping in general, it just makes me nervous and I don't sleep well.

Does it sound like a supply issue? How can I get her feeding more during the day with a 22 month old brother running around? Or does it sound like something else? Any advice is appreciated!
This is my first ebf at breast babe but it sounds like my guy. It's the age!
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote