Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
laur318
Registered Users
seller

Re: Teach me how to NIP!

pop it out proudly! NIP!

Advertisement

Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
mama2winnie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use the hooter hider nursing cover and it's fantastic. i've had to nurse her on the train in aisle seat, in crowded restaraunts etc and i feel very comfortable with the coverage. i even use it when pumping b/c i'm using my office but its glass so i put my cover on and that's solved the privacy need. the blanket option didn't work for us, it constantly slips off or she grabs it and i felt i flashed more than if it wasn't used to begin with.

aside from situations like the above i don't use it and follow the "i don't give a crap" approach. sometimes more attention is drawn in the getting all covered up than just discretely adjusting my top to give access. in the end, feeding my daughter is more important.
mama2winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been trying to NIP without a cover, and most of the time I'm quite successful. MOST. Haha. Last night at chuck e cheese, the baby finished and I adjusted my top shirt (so I thought) while I burped him. A minute later I realized the entire bottom half of my boob was hanging out. LMAO. I just shrugged it off and switched sides.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
jennah01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is so wonderful that you are willing to nurse in public! I am one of the many on this forum that doesn't really care and will nurse anywhere, anytime, and no, I don't like using a blanket or cover, either. I would "practice" first with friends or somewhere you are pretty comfortable. Then branch out from there. I think a great place to start is at a park or "mommy-friendly" type of place. If you have any friends with toddlers you could go out with them. Just keep at it and the more relaxed you are the less people will even notice

Get Healthy, Homemade, Delicious Recipes at 52MealPlans.com
Let me help you meet your health and wellness goals, I'm a Certified Live Well Coach
jennah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
Leonore's Light
Registered Users
seller

I use a baby carrier and a nursing cover most of the time cause my son doesn't like his face covered, but I'll just pull my skirt up to cover my belly and my shirt up and cover the exposed part of my boob with it if I have to.
Leonore's Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #16
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

I don't mind flashing a bit of boob, but HATE flashing the belly...Funny, hey? Anyways, i got some nice long cami's with adjustable straps, and I keep the straps long so that I can pull them under my boob with my bra....that way, the Cami covers my belly, so I can just pull up my shirt, which covers most of the top of the boob, and then babe covers the bottom. I tried the covers, but find I can't see well under there, it's too dark! LOL.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
Jleigh8289
Registered Users
seller

I love all of this! I am still a little nervous about nip but love the advice. I don't like covers cuz its one more thing to have to try to control. I'm working on the "I don't care" attitude. We just have to realize that people really can't see your ladies and even if they do they can look the other way. I practiced with DJ around to help. He told me where I needed to adjust clothing and such; it really helped me get comfortable doing it. Keep practicing. You are feeding your baby, not committing a crime! Gl Momma!
Jleigh8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #18
mom2caeley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a blanket but DS doesn't like it so it barely covers it's just there behind him , ncase he pops off. I also have a few old tank tops that I cut holes in to wear under my shirt. Easy access but my belly is covered.
mom2caeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
mommytosun&moon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

a really good trick i learned was to get some cheap tank tops, put them on and CAREFULLY!!!!! cut 3 inch slits were your nipples are. then wear a baggy shirt when you go out. no one can see your belly or skin at all!!!! good luck!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #20
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I used to wear a cardigan or hoodie over my shirt so that I had a bit of coverage. I would usually just turn away from the 'public', get her latched and then turn back and make myself comfortable. If I was sitting at a table I'd lay her on my lap and lean over and latch her while being hidden by the table.

It gets MUCH easier when the baby gets bigger and their head covers more. of course... I found when my dd's got to about 4mos they were so easily distracted that unless they were starving I had to go somewhere private if I didn't want to flash the world. Department store change rooms were always good!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote