Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Jan 19th

I just hope that I can stay off fsot or spots today That is all....

Advertisement

Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Just checking in real quick-- we've been pretty sick over here. First the two little one's had the flu... and now I'm afraid I'm catching it too

I'd love to learn how to use a serger. I just learned to knit and embroider (fun!) and I've been crocheting for years. I'm pretty new at sewing still, but I'd love to learn how to use a serger.

Freethinker... I thought I had it bad these past couple of days! The stomach flu is no joke. And I hope your DH doesn't have anymore scares!
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
I just hope that I can stay off fsot or spots today That is all....
Uh... me too. I've bought way too many diapers this past week. I will not even admit how many... Though they were really great deals!!

Last edited by jacobsmommy924; 01-19-2011 at 11:50 AM.
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #14
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Hello Hello Hello!

Had a good nights sleep!

Going to class and then a quick run to the grocery store before I have to get the girls from school. I am excited since this is the first day in my ceramics class that we will be getting our hands into the clay. I am looking forward to having some hand made pieces to put around the house. Hopefully they are display worthy. Talked to my dad last night. Well my brother and I are both pretty artistic (he is a tattoo artist) but my dad fluffed my ego and told me I had always had a leg up on pottery my brother and I are super competitive so that made my day. we also talked about and I am pretty sure he will be coming down for the last two weeks of the pregnancy to help out and get the house in order. This makes me feel so much better! He also said that he would be in the delivery room with me if he comes early! I am so thrilled this takes a huge weight off my shoulders. So I have someone that I trust to watch the girls and will have my dad with me when baby boy comes! I am ecstatic!!

Have a great day!!!

QOTD: What skill or hobby would you like to learn?

AOTD: I would love to have the patience to knit or crochet!
Cool! Let us know what masterpiece you come up with. That's great you now have someone to be with you during labor. I'm sure that's a relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
Morning girls! I have been absent a few days so will give you all a quick re-cap. I was sick w/a 24hr stomach bug on Sunday (lucky me, DH was busy and I had to put the kids in bed by myself, I had my 7 year old make them sandwiches for supper! I'm pathetic!). Monday I had a Dr. appt., 24 weeks, up 3lbs (would have been more if not for the flu the day before), everything looked fine. It was a boring appt. My mom was sick, so I had to take the boys with me there and to the accountant. DH and I own a small business and the main man was dx. w/ cancer last week. He's going today to a Dr. to see what his options are, but for the next month+ DH will be doing a TON more work, including this guys work if he can't get someone else trained in that position (I've done the kids alone 2 nights this week b/c he had to work so late). It's stressful here! To top off my crummy week DH had a spell this morning. He has a weird condition that causes him to black out and have a seizure every so often. It can be increased by stress or not drinking enough water. The stress levels are usually fine to deal with, but I guess he was so busy yesterday he forgot to drink water all day (and the brilliant man also told me that if he drank water all the time then he had to waste time going to the bathroom. Seriously. I wanted to strangle him). Anyway, he didn't pass out and seize this time, tis' been 4 years since his last episode, and while I KNOW he is okay it still freaks me out. The first time he did it in my presence was the scariest time in my entire life. I thought he was going to die b/c he had 3 seizures in a row. I was freaking out! We went to the hospital where they gave him meds for a heart attack (we told them it wasn't a heart attack, he was 27, but they insisted they had to give him nitro), it caused another seizure and after about 2 months we finally got a diagnosis and it isn't a terrible disease or anything, jsut a weird disorder that is treated w/ meds (which he does not want to take everyday, I don't blame him, episodes are years apart and started in his teens), or just staying hydrated and when he feels one coming on he lays down w/ his feet propped up. The seizure will not hurt him (they are from lack of oxygen to the brain, due to lack of blood flow, ti's a heart-related thing) but they are scary to watch and I hate to even think about it! This morning (like still night) I woke up to "Shugs, wake up, I'm having a spell" and when I looked over all I could see where his feet propped up on the bed. he was laying on the floor. It took about 15 mintues for him to feel back to normal again, but he still wasn't feeling good. Now I will worry about him all day! I need a break! I want to go on a vacation or something to just get away from it all! And tonight we are expecting snow... so the older kids will probably be out of school tomorrow. I just feel like everything is up in the air and not settled. I hope it's settled by the time the baby gets here! SOrry to vent to you all, but I really need to call someone and it's still a bit early here!

On a good note, I have ordered some baby girl fluff in pinks and purples (and one BB in light blue)! I can't wait to get it here! I think I will go and do a project to keep me busy b/c I can tell I am going to have a worried day today!
This sounds aweful about your DH. I hear you about the vacation. I haven't had a "real" one in 4 years. I don't count times I go home to visit family or any times with DS. I SOOOO want to go somewhere just with DH sometime after I'm done nursing this babe. I could use some relaxation with a few mai tais

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Freethinker...so sorry! to you!

Jules glad you are enjoying your class!

I would like to learn to ballroom dance.

I spent the night in a tough rotation of severe stomach cramping/gurgling, running to the bathroom, little sleep....cramping/ .....you get the idea (sorry if TMI) I am praying that I am able to make it to KC for my appointment today as they are supposed to get a storm tonight.
Yucky! This doesn't sound good. Hope it passes soon.

AFM: Not much new here. Work today. Got my new baby bouncer and the changer Cooshee in the mail last night, but haven't had the time to open them yet. I've got so much unorganized stuff in DS's room right now...I REALLY need to get that straightened out. DS is still doing well on the potty though! No accidents at school yesterday!

AOTD: I'd LOVE to learn to cook better. I think I am a pretty good cook compared to most, but still want to learn some better, more advanced skills. Oh, and I'd LOVE to be more flexible! I totally drool over those yogi's who have such wonderful postures/poses and can totally stretch. You'd think which as long as I've been doing yoga, I'd be able to bend over backwards by now....no such luck. I'm doomed with bad unbendy genetics.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy924 View Post
Uh... me too. I've bought way too many diapers this past week. I will not even admit how many... Though they were really great deals!!
My weakness is wool and yarn....I"m really lucky that I'm making everything else....
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
AFM - Thanks so much for all of your kind words yesterday, ladies! I am in a much better mood today, thank goodness! I hopped offline and actually resorted some cabinets in the kitchen and cleaned the outer of my fridge. My kids didn't want to help because I was *gasp* cleaning, but they played well together while I did it.

Today I think I'm going to try to clean off the top of our desk and maybe the counters in the kitchen. I don't have a whole lot else planned...some kind of craft for my kiddos, maybe...
Wow what a productive day! I am so lazy about being crafty with my kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
Morning girls! I have been absent a few days so will give you all a quick re-cap. I was sick w/a 24hr stomach bug on Sunday (lucky me, DH was busy and I had to put the kids in bed by myself, I had my 7 year old make them sandwiches for supper! I'm pathetic!). Monday I had a Dr. appt., 24 weeks, up 3lbs (would have been more if not for the flu the day before), everything looked fine. It was a boring appt. My mom was sick, so I had to take the boys with me there and to the accountant. DH and I own a small business and the main man was dx. w/ cancer last week. He's going today to a Dr. to see what his options are, but for the next month+ DH will be doing a TON more work, including this guys work if he can't get someone else trained in that position (I've done the kids alone 2 nights this week b/c he had to work so late). It's stressful here! To top off my crummy week DH had a spell this morning. He has a weird condition that causes him to black out and have a seizure every so often. It can be increased by stress or not drinking enough water. The stress levels are usually fine to deal with, but I guess he was so busy yesterday he forgot to drink water all day (and the brilliant man also told me that if he drank water all the time then he had to waste time going to the bathroom. Seriously. I wanted to strangle him). Anyway, he didn't pass out and seize this time, tis' been 4 years since his last episode, and while I KNOW he is okay it still freaks me out. The first time he did it in my presence was the scariest time in my entire life. I thought he was going to die b/c he had 3 seizures in a row. I was freaking out! We went to the hospital where they gave him meds for a heart attack (we told them it wasn't a heart attack, he was 27, but they insisted they had to give him nitro), it caused another seizure and after about 2 months we finally got a diagnosis and it isn't a terrible disease or anything, jsut a weird disorder that is treated w/ meds (which he does not want to take everyday, I don't blame him, episodes are years apart and started in his teens), or just staying hydrated and when he feels one coming on he lays down w/ his feet propped up. The seizure will not hurt him (they are from lack of oxygen to the brain, due to lack of blood flow, ti's a heart-related thing) but they are scary to watch and I hate to even think about it! This morning (like still night) I woke up to "Shugs, wake up, I'm having a spell" and when I looked over all I could see where his feet propped up on the bed. he was laying on the floor. It took about 15 mintues for him to feel back to normal again, but he still wasn't feeling good. Now I will worry about him all day! I need a break! I want to go on a vacation or something to just get away from it all! And tonight we are expecting snow... so the older kids will probably be out of school tomorrow. I just feel like everything is up in the air and not settled. I hope it's settled by the time the baby gets here! SOrry to vent to you all, but I really need to call someone and it's still a bit early here!!
Wow how scary! Glad you have a handle on it though. Hope you can find someone to fill the position for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchatziB View Post
We made it out last night for DH's birthday, the roads were actually very clear but the whole world must have decided to tuck in for the night. It was a ghost town! We were one of three tables in the restaurant. Then we stopped by Ikea to pick a rug I didnt want to smush in my car the other day and only one register was open with only one person in line before us. It was almost eerie! We're off to Gymboree in a little bit and run some very overdue errands. It's our last day with my Mom as she leaves tomorrow. Since we moved here we've had plane tickets for one direction or the other for every other month. But this gap may last till LO'd due date which is a bummer.
That is a long time. We have to do those long stretches with family since everyone works. Hope the time flies. I wish my parents could be here all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
AFM: Not much new here. Work today. Got my new baby bouncer and the changer Cooshee in the mail last night, but haven't had the time to open them yet. I've got so much unorganized stuff in DS's room right now...I REALLY need to get that straightened out. DS is still doing well on the potty though! No accidents at school yesterday!
Yay for baby mail!!! Hurray for PL'ing

AFM: Was supposed to have babysitter come over tonight at 4 to meet us to see how the girls liked her but it is now 4:30 so I am thinking she won't show . Super bummed since she was supposed to be watching them Sunday so I could go see DH up at his camp. Oh well I will make a ton of baked goods and send them with my love.