Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #21
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Wine and breastfeeding?

dont even bother with have no idea how it will affect ur baby, and anything u eat or ingest DUZ go into ur milk.
believe me u will be dun with nursing in a blink of an eye and u can have all the wine you want without it affecting your child.

Earthy Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #22
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
My Mood:

Oh ya you should be fine! Thats what I missed most during pregnancy too! I'll sip a little through dinner then after DS is done eating I'll drink more maybe one more glass then by the time he wakes up to eat again its pretty well metabolized. As long as youre not drinkin ALOT you should be fine.
WAHM PAGE-SEW WAHM PAGE-KNIT HyenaCart Etsy Facebook Ravelry
Daughter of the king, wife to my best friend Karl , Mama to Annabelle Aka Boo (6) and my sweet lil man Carson (2) and Gracie!
RoccerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

I used to have a glass too while b******. The lactation consulatant who taught my b****** class assured us a beer or glass of wine was fine while b******.
Michele, WOHM married to DH for 11 yrs and mama to DS1 Kellyn 6-10-08 and DS2 Kinley 4-25-11 and DS3 Madigan 12-27-13

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
Beer is actually really good for milk supply

Anyway, everything I've ever heard is that if you're good to drive, you're good to nurse.

I only ever had 1 drink at a time though, and usually right when DS took a nap.

GUINNESS is supposed to be the best beer to drink while breastfeeding Antioxidants!!! You can bet your bottom dollar that I had one every once in a while! Anything in moderation!! Just do what feels comfortable for you.
I think there were a couple of times after I pumping that I had a couple of glasses of wine and I just "pumped and dumped" for about a day. I had a huge back-up supply, so it wasn't a problem.

Last edited by boysmomma; 01-19-2011 at 12:19 PM.
boysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I would NOT even have a sip of alcohol until your baby is at least 3 months old. Until a baby is 3 months their liver is majorly undeveloped and cannot handle any sort of toxin going through it. That being said, I enjoyed an occasional drink AFTER the 3 month period. They have done studies on this, with no firm evidence so far, but I still rather be safe than sorry. There has been controversy around it, and you never know what future studies would show.
K&K My little firecracker Lennon 10.09, crying before he fully emerged and My little sweetheart Indi 6.12, born smiling
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

My understanding is that there is no point to pumping and dumping apart from stimulating let-down for your supply. That blood and milk alcohol levels are about the same, so letting time pass is the best way to keep pumped milk safe. That, and not drinking much or at all to begin with.

And we actually do know how alcohol can affect LOs. We don't like it, so we try to keep exposure to a minimum. Fortunately, mothers' bodies do a pretty good job of filtering if we don't overwhelm them by, say, chugging.

Again, you just gotta find what the best balance is for yourself and your family. That means looking at facts -and- knowing yourself. GL!
ISO: Bebina Starsign/Zodiac Leo 4.2 or longer...for DH.
In Houston? Join us for friendship and free babywearing support
10 a.m. to noon, the second Saturday of every month @ the Freed-Montrose Neighborhood Library.

Other Houston Babywearers groups meet all over town, too.
alia is offline   Reply With Quote