Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
talk to me about Ergos....

I am beginning to feel the pain of an almost 20 lb chunckster on my back, front or side, lol. I have 2 meitais, one is a boopa, which he fits great it, and one is a custom with a huge pouch that my almost 3 yo dd fits great it.

i also have a homemade beautiful maya sling, and an OTSBH that I have had to start using on occasion simply because the sh oulder is padded and he is so heavy!

I have been hearing raves about Ergo...have seen one in real life, but never worn one.

What is the best price I can expect to get on a new one? Or a gently used one??

are there different styles, and what works best for you?? I really dont want to spend $100 bucks on a carrier, kwim??

Thanks!

I am really just looking for something i can sit him down in and let him ride on my hip or behind me....

Advertisement

bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: talk to me about Ergos....

There's a review of the top 3 soft carriers, including the Ergo on attachedtobaby.com (I can't get you a link because their site is running ridiculously slow for me...)

Most sites will sell them for about $92, including www.attachedtobaby.com. They offer free S/H and a 30-day trial (or 60, or 90...I forget.)

I DID see one as on Craigslist for $70something, along with free S/H and trial. Can't speak to the quality of that place offering them, but that's the cheapest I've seen for new Ergos. I'm dying for one. The Bjorn stinks and my sling, wrap and mei tai just aren't doing it for long outings.

I almost died when I saw a used on on here for $40something. Of course, I missed it.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have one personaly but my friend bought one two weeks ago and her and her DH are in LOVE! Thye both are just nuts about it and say it is well worth every single dollar.
Just thought I would share what I have heard.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one. Spent $92 for it when my son got too heavy to carry around in the maya wrap- which we both LOVED! It was not as easy to get on and off as the ring sling and he didn't like being in it as much. He was plastered up against the front or back of me and couldn't move around enough for his taste! LOL. I know if I put him in there a lot he'd get used to it eventually- but neither of us really took to it I guess. Used it half a dozen times at most. I kept it because I keep thinking that I will find use for it some day.... I have a terrible back- it is hurting as I type this! Can't imagine I will find anything that gives him freedom of movement and me back support. Thought the Ergo was going to be perfect!
turtle2who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are 2 kinds of ergos...the classics and the new generation. The classics are cheaper, but smaller and definately more crowded than the new generations which are more roomy. Also, the classics don't work for a side hip carry, only the new ones do. Both are very padded and comfy, but my ds did get crowded after 25 lbs in the classic.

So, if you do try one, be sure to get the new generation, it has many other improvements from the classic. You can find them cheaper on ebay sometimes around $70, and if you don't like it you won't have a problem reselling it. If you get it new, you can return it if you don't like it. I got mine from www.ergobabycarrier.com and consider it worth every cent!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
jedibunni
Registered Users
seller

I absolutely love my NG Ergo!!!! I just can't say it enough!!!! Totally worth it IMO....

I got mine from kellyscloset.com when she had a 15% off coupon and it was free shipping too!!!

I see them sometimes on the FSOT board on www.thebabywearer.com

HTH!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
rds989
Registered Users
seller

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my New Generation Ergo! I used it a lot w/dd in the front carry this winter and now put her up on my back all the time. I have a bad back, and it' really no problem. I can get her up there so quickly that it's faster than getting the stroller out of the car, so we hardly ever use the stroller anymore.

We've gone to the zoo several times w/her on my back in the Ergo. She loves it, and will spend 1-2 hours in there easily.

It was expensive, no doubt about it, but it's one of the few baby items I own that are completely indispensable to me. Love it, love it, love it!

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote