Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anybody willing to share their birth plan?

I won't write up a birth plan either. It's in my head and my DH knows my wishes, and I"m pretty sure my OB does as well. I will discuss them w/ his new partener when I see her (she just started in January). I don't think there will be any problems, I am fine w/ an IV and vita K and eye gunk. They have to have written consent for HepB or circ, and I will write a little note to put in the isolette about no nipples/circ/HepB when baby is taken to the nursery. I do room in w/ my babies, but they go to the nursury while I do a sitz bath or shower.

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
E.B.2672
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a little nervous this time around. Though I this will be delivery #5 (yikes) and a planned cesarean section, it is a new hospital in a new state with new doctors. I guess I will have to ask what their (the hospital and the doctors) usual procedures are and decided from there what I would like.

My usual birth plan is for no death. So far each of my deliveries have went per plan and crossing my fingers this last one will go the same way.
E.B.2672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Alicia, I'm using yours as a basis for mine! Thanks!
No sweat! Glad to help.
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #14
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for asking this! I copied and pasted from a couple of different plans so far for ideas and need to go through and write it out a little more clearly. Alicia, you have a wonderful and well thought out birth plan! Thank you for sharing it with us! I think you just helped out a lot of May mamas who are starting to write theirs. Thank you again!

My overall motto with this whole birth is basically if it's not broke, don't touch it! I'm so ok with everyone just leaving me alone and not crowding me and would absolutely love to do this at home if DH was on board. Maybe I'll just lock myself in the hossy bathroom with DH and the doula and call it a day. They have a shower and a toilet in the bathroom... what else do I need?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

aaaahahaha cococomey!!!
Awesome.
We had a birth plan with our other two born in the hossy... but felt like it got kicked to the curb per "hospital policy". I don't like being a pushy person or feeling needy so we're just going to go with a homebirth where the environment is already built around what I would hope would happen.

Last edited by ktktbird; 01-21-2011 at 02:18 PM.
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
mommyjm
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm glad I found this. Hearing your plans makes me realize I should probalby write mine down. I'm going to miss the OB I had who delivered my firstborn. He was awesome, and we agreed on everything!
I have a midwife this time, but we haven't discussed much of a specific birth plan yet so I feel a little behind.
mommyjm is offline   Reply With Quote