Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Baylen's Mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Finding Softbums making DD's bottom HUGE with full-size pods!

I really, really, really like my SBs. Initially, I was able to use just a mini-pod with DD. However, she is growing (3 mos, 11 lbs), and peeing a lot more. I change her pretty much every time she pees (she does NOT like to be wet, and I don't want her to be), but she pees a lot more at a time now. So, I've had to start using the full size pods. They are HUGE! My DD's bum is HUGE with them on! I feel like she can't move/bend as well with the full size pods, and don't get me started about trying to get her onsies and pants to fit.
Is this typical? I mean, I know that CDs tend to create more "bulk," but these things are crazy big (and I typically use the organic pods, so they aren't quite as bulky as the stay-dry). I've got other CDs (Charlie Bananas, a Thirstie's Duo, Flips, etc.), but prefer the SBs, EXCEPT that the pods are so big/long/thick!

Advertisement

Baylen's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Thenu
Registered Users
seller

Re: Finding Softbums making DD's bottom HUGE with full-size pods!

How old is your DD mama? I like softbums echo and was using mini pod with my DD in the beginning then the absorbency was not enough for us. I tried the full size one and it was huge on her and stopped using it for sometime because of the bulkiness. Then after she was 7-8 months I started using them again - When I fold the pod it is just 1 1/2 times ( like one full time and then the extra half in the front (I mostly use SBs for naptime, DD is a tummy sleeper). It is not bulky on her anymore.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Amock777
Registered Users
seller

what about using 2 mini pods? I dont have softbums so I dont know if that would work but I did this with my DD with the nb insert for BG when the OS seemed so big!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
lilblessings4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a softbums stay dry mini pod and a bamboo mini pod for my lil guy who pees a lot, he's 12wks, 14 lbs. It's still pretty trim. I use the OBV bamboo pods first thing in the morning and in the evening when he has his biggest poops just to protect the shell better. But I kinda like his fluffy bum when I use those, he's pretty squirmy and I can carry him easier when his fluffy bum sits on my arm.
lilblessings4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

I second using 2 of the mini pods if the full size is too much absorbancy/bulky but 1 mini pod doesn't cut it anymore.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote