Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
Registered Users
Newborn Diapers - which is night? day? ?

So today my hubbs said that he doesn't need a "Daddy stash" of diapers (kind of thinks it makes him feel like I think he is inept?) He says what he prefers is if there is a section for nighttime, naptime, and daytime. So I am organizing my baskets like that. It's easy for me to do that for my 18 month old, since I know what works....but I have no idea what to do for my newborn. Which diapers will I most likely use at night and which in the day? Here's what I have

Lil Joeys
Nanas bottoms
GMD Orange prefolds
Ragababe AI2 (when the reopen) and maybe Ragababe AIO

All my covers are Thirsties.

What diaper works best for YOUR baby's needs?
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review!
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Newborn Diapers - which is night? day? ?

Hmmmm. I see your dilemma. I personally liked the easiest diapers (AIO/AI2s) at night when DS was a newbie. It allowed me to change him quicker and get back to sleep. Pfds and covers were for days. Naps...ah...days and naps were the same!

When your LO gets old enough to develop a schedule, you could always re-arrange the baskets.
SwanMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Registered Users

I have found that I like the imse vimse covers and gmd clotheez fitteds underneath because they never leak, nor do the ragababe all in ones, and the tots bots tini fits. lil joeys have been great too until this week. We are at 4 weeks now and they leak. The tots bots did leak at first cause my girls thighs were skinnier..but now she has a lil chunk to her so they don't leak. Yay! yah know if you find diapers that don't leak for ya its really all the same. I always just prefer covers and prefolds for my toddler at night. With this new baby though I have found what doesn't leak or leaks the least and that is what i listed above so...its all pretty much the same.

Last edited by EssentialGoodz; 01-24-2011 at 01:05 AM.
EssentialGoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yes, dh doesn't need special diapers either. He's fine with fitteds. The only time we appreciate pockets is when we are out and about in the city (the big city is an hour and a half away).

That said, when my younger dd was a newborn, there wasn't too much difference between daytime and nighttime. She would leak through a Kissaluvs 0, though. So those were definitely daytime diapers for us. Otherwise, we just used a doubler and diapered away. Perhaps she wasn't a heavy wetter. With my upcoming newborn, the plan is to use Esbaby bamboo diapers for nighttime (I have 2). I use Imse Vimse Terry contours for naps at this age.
Mama to The Builder (8), The Ballerina (4), and The Explorer (1). Keys Atheneum
Island Rock Apparel, Art and Surfboards
sagira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ragababe AIO for sure!!!! This is what we use at night and we haven't had one leak!!
Nikki Proud christian mama to my big dude Parker and my sweet baby girl Eliza Rose. Wife to my amazing hubby addicted to
Parker's_Mommy1116 is offline   Reply With Quote