Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does it feel "real" to you?

I've felt that way until recently, but now I'm freaking out about how little time we have left. I have exactly 100 days until my due date! We still have so much to do and I don't want to be scrambling at the end, so we're trying to get lots done now.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My seasonal depression has been rearing it's ugly head lately (and I made it all the way to January this year too! Dangit) so everything's been really disconnected lately. Up until we had the ultrasound, I didn't even feel pregnant. Like, I knew I was, but it was in the same sort of detatched manner that you'd have if someone ELSE was pregnant. "Yay, congrats, good for you, but what does that have to do with me?" kwim? We had our ultrasound and that helped some, as did feeling the LO move for the first time at 20 weeks and every time it's moved since then, but it's weird. I know I'm pregnant and I'm excited and looking forward to it but I don't really feel BONDED with this LO at all, though I'm extremely protective of him/her. I know this will change once s/he's born but right now, I just don't really feel that connected to the baby.

I'm not really sure if any of that makes any sense at all! It's hard to describe and even harder since this is my first child so I can only really compare with what I feel towards my feline furbabies, since they've been my "kids" for 7 and 8 years now. It's a really disconcerting feeling to feel like you love your cats more than you love the child you're carrying, but that's kind of the emotional boat I'm in right now. I'm protective of all three, but only really bonded with the cats. This LO is just a passenger right now in the human incubator
Old 01-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

In a way it does, I have gone thru and got out all the baby stuff and today I washed the swing that had been in storage (checked to make sure it worked first) and I have the other big items out to wash up. Time seems to fly for me with 4 other kids that I have to pace myself I have the diaper stash about done, and enough clothes that I don't plan to buy anymore. I do have a short list of things I need (sling, fitted sheets, sheets for co-sleeper, co-sleeper feet), but it's not that long. This month has already flown by! There is one week left of January, then we have Feb., March and April, so 3 months until I want to be 100% ready. I will have 2 birthday parties durring that time, and 2 other family members are expecting babies, and then there is all the end-of-school stuff going on! I hate to miss Field day or the Kindergarten graduation and Awards day for my 2nd grader... not sure how baby is going to cooperate w/ all of those things!

As for how I"m feeling... baby bump has gotten HUGE in the last few weeks. Like I can feel it all the time, it's in my way, and this baby is also a jumper and moves constantly. SLeeping is already getting harder. Sometimes I do get so busy I forget about the baby, but that's just b/c I am focused on my other kids
Old 01-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post
It feels real...but it feels like I have a lot longer than I really do! ROFL!

There are days when I get into a panic and go OMG!!!!! We don't have enough time!!!!!!

Freaks me right the heck out....
Yeah like when you are shopping for baby furniture and you hear that it takes 3-4 months for it to come in
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #15
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

Reality kicks in every once in a while. I know I'm pregnant. I FEEL pregnant now. I just forget sometimes that I'm actually going to have a new member of the family soon. Just the other night at dinner it hit me and I told DH that our lives were going to change so much, again!

I'm in no rush to have this little person. Everything is ready for her already. Our crib, changing table, and rocker are still all set up in DD's nursery. She has been co-sleeping with me, so it's all ready for a new little person to take over. I can't wait to meet her but I know how demanding a newborn can be, so she can just take her sweet time getting here
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #16
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

Not at all! I keep going in the closet and looking at all of his clothes and diapers because I can't believe that this is actually happening. I mean, I feel him moving around all the time, and I know that he is there, I just can't actually grasp the fact that in a few months he will be on the outside, KWIM?
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote