Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birthday Invites at School

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_freya View Post
I hate it when I hear about this "policy"--8 is old enough to learn that not everyone can have 20 people at a birthday party, not everyone wants everyone at their birthday, and, maybe, just maybe, someone doesn't want YOU (universal) at their birthday party. I might feel differently if everyone but 1 were invited--that's a slight & kinda rude. This is as absurd as everyone winning at T-ball.
I fear all this oversheltering of our children is going to create a namby pamby land. Seriously, there are kids that don't get along with each other; there are kids that are/have been bullied/taunted by others. Should that child be forced to invite his aggressor/nemesis because otherwise his friends can't come to his party? It makes no sense. The Kid was in headstart last year and we didn't have that rule. You could invite whomever your child wanted to and with 20 kids in the class it gets mad expensive to feed/entertain a gaggle of preschoolers.

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I fear all this oversheltering of our children is going to create a namby pamby land. Seriously, there are kids that don't get along with each other; there are kids that are/have been bullied/taunted by others. Should that child be forced to invite his aggressor/nemesis because otherwise his friends can't come to his party? It makes no sense. The Kid was in headstart last year and we didn't have that rule. You could invite whomever your child wanted to and with 20 kids in the class it gets mad expensive to feed/entertain a gaggle of preschoolers.
You mean not everyone in the world is going to like your child as much as you do .

Last edited by Icryinbaseball; 01-25-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #33
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
She doesn't have to invite everyone, she just can't do in the school.
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #34
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
Putting invites in backpacks is rubbing it in someone's face And as I said in my OP, there is not other way to contact these parents. I would love to be able to call, email, see them at school...but that is not possible to do.
Personally, yeah I think it is. What happens when one of the kids opens their backpack and finds it and proceeds to hold it up "hey Timmie (I don't know your ds's name) I got an inivite to your b-day party in here!!"

Can't you have your DS ask for their numbers??

ETA: I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything. But I do think it is a good policy.

Last edited by craftinmama; 01-25-2011 at 12:11 PM.
craftinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #35
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessaroni View Post
Also, teachers have enough crap to deal with. They don't need to deal with birthday party drama on top of everything else.
As a teacher. This. The teacher has better things to deal with than "How come I didn't get invited?"
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote