Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with baby gas!

Oh, and the 2 things I miss most right now--cow's milk and pizza.

Advertisement

blessedwifenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
pcjs
Registered Users

Change your diet for breastfeeding and if baby is on formula (even just a little) - change formula's. Also, have baby checked/talk to ped or even better a ped GI for reflux as it may not be gas and if you've done everything you've said (which are all the good places to start) the other possibility is that it is reflux (or both). And, try different positions for burping - over the shoulders vs. over your legs vs. sitting up on your lap and rotating all of those (my son would burp for me in one position and a completely different one for my husband and it would take a long time - not quick). Our ped GI was our lifesaver and with the right combination of things, it made the difference.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #13
pcjs
Registered Users

Oh, baby may also be having a tuff time sleeping on back - we got the DEX wedge and put it under the crib mattress - they say under the sheet but it doesn't fit and I worried it was a safety thing - paranoid mom but that helped a lot (till he got more mobile and he'd slide down, which was funny but by then we got it all worked out).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dex-Safe-L...-Wedge/4631165

Worst case, if it gets bad, we'd have him sleep next to me in the bouncy (he liked the vibration) - we didn't do it all the time but he just had to be more upright - I would never leave him in the room alone but when it was really bad it was the only option (or on my husband).