Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
mamas who were due in August 2010 chat

how are you all doing? how are your babies growing and whats their new milestone?

I miss checking in with you all.

and I am beating myself up daily about my slightly early delivery.
Ellawyn was born at 36 weeks and 5 days gestation. little cream on her, looked pretty ready BUT I am sad cause I didn't go to 40 weeks. I really wanted an August baby but I also really miss being pregnant now (she's 6 months old) and believe she is indeed my last baby. mostly cause i am single but also cause i am getting older.
I just wished I had rested more at the end and didn;t want to be done. I wished I had support to be fine with waiting it out.
I miss the big belly and giving birth. call me crazy. anyone else have the itch?

Ellawyn can nearly sit up, crawls a bit, has 4 bottom teeth, weight is about 14lbs and her hair all fell out and is coming in a really light color. her eyes also changed from blue to grey brown.
she doesn't talk alot but she squeels, blows bubbles and loves her mommy.
loves peek a boo

I have nearly lost all my weight now. I am up only 8lbs. but my chest is jy-normous. she eats all night long. thus I am soo tired.

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

Re: mamas who were due in August 2010 chat

You probably don't remember me. I posted a little bit during the first trimester, then we were prepping to move from ND to NY (while 36 weeks!), and I fell off the face of the earth.

Sorry you're beating yourself up. We still want one more, and I already know that I am going to miss being pregnant- I absolutely love it and am going to try to enjoy every second of it.

Eloise turned 5 months on the 10th. She can sit, she can crawl, she rolls around the living room, LOVES her older brother and sister. I think some days they're the only ones who can make her laugh! I love it! No teeth yet, she's my first baby to not have teeth by 5 months. I'm thankful since we're still nursing. We'll probably start solids next month. I'm not in a hurry, especially since it just means one more kid to feed, more dishes etc... ha!

Here are a few pics
3 weeks:

Last week:

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Me, me! I was in that group. Checked in some after everyone was born, but it was so quiet there!

DD was born Aug 5th, so she's about 5 1/2 months. She had horrible colic for about 2 months, but then turned into this calm, content, passive, patient baby while we dealt with older DD's love/hate relationship with her. Thankfully, all that jealousy finally passed. Older DD just loves the baby to pieces now, especially since she can interact with her and make her laugh, etc.

DD has no teeth. She sucks and chews on her fingers for comfort. She started oatmeal cereal a couple of weeks ago and just tried carrots (and devoured them) today for the first time. She's been almost 100% formula fed. She woke up 1 time a night for months, then recently when her motor development really started to take off it's been more. She rolls and scoots all over the place and is starting to sit. Not well, but kinda. It's amazing how fast some of this motor stuff is happening.

I was looking back to my older DD's milestones and younger DD is about 2-3 weeks ahead of her. It's kinda cool to see how they both developed. They look so much alike. In 50 years when I'm looking back at baby pictures I'm going to have a really, really hard time telling them apart. LOL

I hope others check in soon!!

Oh, ETA picture:

Last edited by badmisterkitty; 01-20-2011 at 01:09 PM.
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh so glad you both posted in. your baby girls are so cute!! I will get pics up shortly.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok here is my bean
she is 6 months here.

she has 4 teeth you can see here. all on bottom.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

aww! she's adorable! I can't believe she has so many teeth already! ...well, actually I can because my son did by 6 months! Two on bottom, and his fangs on top.

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote