Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Dec. 29th

Jules - Do you have to move EVERYTHING if you go live with your family? Or, just pack up some stuff until your DH gets home? I don't know if I'd want to LIVE with my family for an extended period of time, though I think I'd need help with 3 small kids.... Can your Mom or other relative come help you out for a while after the baby is born??

Sorry so many of your are so sick! Sounds awful! Amy, take some TYLENOL. It will help with the pain which sounds terrible at this point. How many days with the sore throat??? If it's strep, you NEED antibiotics. Strep is really bad on your body. I can't believe your Dr doesn't want you to come in at least for a throat culture.

So yesterday got to work, the PO and then to Yoga later (yay!). At home I still have a handful of x-mas cards to send out plus some more "organizing" of things. I have to leave work early today to get DS to the Dr for the 3rd of his Polio shots (I delayed them), plus a note from the Dr saying we're still "catching up" on the others which is needed for his school by next Monday. The only other 2 he hasn't had yet are chicken pox and the MMR. I'll do the MMR before May, but the chicken pox is just ridiculous to me. I'd rather he just get this at some point. Okay, so after this, I've got to get groceries and then home to make dinner (salmon). Oh, have a few more presents to wrap which DS will open Friday night. We kept a few back and some were late in shipping so we are going to open more on Friday.

enough rambling....

Advertisement

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Ladies! I don't have time to read through all the posts now and respond, but I will later It's raining here and I haven't gotten much done today other than fold one load of laundry. It's something about rainy days that I would much rather lay on the couch cuddling with DS watching movies all day.

But I need to pay some bills and get a few things done around the house so I'll read everything later.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Michele: We would be renting a place up there since there is no way I could live with my parents for that long! I am torn since this is our home but on the other hand I don't know anyone and there is no support for me.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So much for cleaning! DH just got home and is making dinner. I did manage to find some more doula info though, so at least I got something done. Called BCBS and enrolled in their Baby BluePrints program, since they mentioned it when I was on the site the other day doing the health assessment. Unfortunately I found out that they'll cover 100% of a circ if it's done in the hospital we're planning on delivering at. I was really hoping they wouldn't so that could be one more reason for DH why we don't really need it done.

Jules - are you planning on hiring a doula for your birth? I only ask because I'm in a similar position with lack of support from people who actually see birth the way I do around here, so a doula is essential for me to feel ok with even stepping foot in a hospital.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #15
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules, so sorry you are having to deal with all this. Tough decisions!

Hope everyone gets better soon!

We are home safe after our Holiday travels. Back to warm weather but so grateful that the kids got their fill of snow and cold up North!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Andrea - I'm trying not to feel bad about being a big baby when I am this sick. I feel the worst because it's soo hard for me to take care of my 2 year old. When I was pregnant with him I got really sick too but at least I got to rest then! I sent him off to my moms today. He loves going there, so it wasn't a big deal to him at all. I am so worried about him getting sick.

Michele - I took some tylenol! Actually I ended up having a fever (at 10 after 5... of COURSE so too late to call the doctor) and it helped the fever go down. I was SHOCKED that the doctor didn't want to see me. My fever was 101.1 at the highest which isn't bad but any fever when you're pregnant is cause for concern. I'm going to a walk-in clinic tomorrow (my sons pedi works there and she also sees adults-I teach her kids swim lessons so she likes me!) if I don't feel better and my doctor still won't see me.

I hope everyone else who is sick gets to feeling better! Being sick while you're pregnant is the worst. Oh and tomorrow is my birthday. I don't want to be sick on my birthday! I had some good news though, my U/S has been moved from Tuesday to Monday! So I should know what we are having Monday morning.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ack, you girls were chatty today! How will I ever catch up??

My 'net was sketchy today - we were having issues with our router and they were changing poles on our road, so yeahhh....

SS for everyone getting sick! UGH!!! Sooo not fun!!!

I got almost all laundry caught up - yay! I keep sorting through diapers...LOL....

OOh, and got this SUPERADORABLYCUTE cover made by Zookies! They are very nicely made and super adorable to boot, in case anyone needs some. And she ships incredibly fast!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
mzook73
Registered Users

Hey, Tara. Thanks for the compliments! I am always looking to add new fun prints to the collection. Too bad my littlest one is no longer in diapers. I was not sewing my own when she was or she would have had a cover to go with every outfit!!!

Michele Zook
Zookies
mzook73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #19
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yesterday sucked, Im not working in a police capcity for the superbowl just regular security so I get there and get checked in did the first 8 hrs on my feet, lets talk about bad swelling i could barely stand by the end. Si I went doen stairs for the secound half and said if you dont want me toleave them I need to sit. They put somewhere with a chair Yeah!!! Well i had break at 1030 and this little girl they have supervising starts breaks im like cook it 1700 im hungry. she said you will be next and sits me in hallway with no radi to watch a door. two hrs later I have to pee and eat my blood sugar tanked and I couldnt stop crying. I left post as Im going up stairs I see this young supervisior who was wondering why I was leaving post. I crawled so far up her butt she didnt speak to me the rest of the night. I told her another 15 min she wuld have found me on the floor. How dare she leave anybody 10 hr without eating let alone a pg girl etc etc etc. Dont mess with a pregnant hungry has to pee cop I will get in your face.
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:31 AM   #20
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha!! You get her, Nicole!!!!!!! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.....