Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Weekend Chat Jan 29th & 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post

To an earlier question...yep I am here for a long time. They said if I made it to 30 weeks I might get to make a trip to "visit" home. They got the contractions slowed and I've had no more bleeding so in my mind these babies are staying in for a LONG LONG LONG time!
You are in my prayers! Bake babies bake!

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Watermelon-- YAY for baking babies! getting to 30 weeks isnt that long... its just around the corner really... and like was said, a year from now, it will all seem like a blink.

Hang in there!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 AM   #13
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good morning!

Dogs woke me up early to potty, they knew I was sleeping too good to let it last. Feeling down in the dumps since I found out one of my "good" friends in our old town (40 minutes away) had her baby shower and didn't invite me. I have been feeling really lonely for friends here since we moved and the one meet-up group I tried to join only seems to meet while I have school. I love having friends and enjoy going out with my kids and here I feel like I haven't been able to connect with anyone and make any friends.

Sorry to gripe but I am feeling blue. I try to talk to DH about it but he is a hermit so he doesn't really get it.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #14
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Jules!

I totally understand. It sucks you werent invited to the baby shower. And it sucks to feel "on the edges."

I am moving to my husband's house after living separately for quite some time (its amicable and worked for us so that...) DH lives about 80 miles from where I am, and its hard to "break into" a new group. I joined MOPS in the area, even though we arent really Christian, and signed up for a couple of API local egroups to get the buzz on activities going on, play groups, meet ups etc., so I could drop in if the mood struck me, and got info about local LLL groups.

I hope you find your niche soon!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Good morning!

Dogs woke me up early to potty, they knew I was sleeping too good to let it last. Feeling down in the dumps since I found out one of my "good" friends in our old town (40 minutes away) had her baby shower and didn't invite me. I have been feeling really lonely for friends here since we moved and the one meet-up group I tried to join only seems to meet while I have school. I love having friends and enjoy going out with my kids and here I feel like I haven't been able to connect with anyone and make any friends.

Sorry to gripe but I am feeling blue. I try to talk to DH about it but he is a hermit so he doesn't really get it.
I aways feel blue around February. Luckily this year we are taking a week to go see my folks in Florida, so I am just holding on to that. I totally know how you feel moving to a new place. We moved September of last year and I still don't really have any friends here. I just can't wait until we move back to Indiana this August. I would think with school there would be some people you could meet there who have a similar schedule to you (or are they all childless?)

Oh and I wanted to tell you that when we told my neighbor in Indiana my daughter's name, she said it was her sister's also. Her name was Regan. I love how people have naming styles.

Watermelon- good luck to you!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jules it is hard to move! Sorry you weren't invited. Most likely she didn't want you to feel obligated to travel. ! Hope you have a sunshiny day!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Good morning!

I just don't get women sometimes, seriously. That's so crappy. I'm sorry they did that to you.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!

It doesn't help that I have the hormones for H-E-double hockey sticks either! So this little transgression just made me a moody pile of teenage angst today!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #19
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hugs, Jules. I agree that she probably just didn't think you would want to travel all that way.

Watermelon, hope those babies stay put! It sounds like you are holding up well considering... You and your kids/DH will be in my thoughts!

DH looked at the forcast and it looks like there is an ice storm that could come our way on Tuesday, so I am trying to make up my 'plan' We were without power for 6 days 2 years ago (1 year old twins, 3-turned-4 durring the storm, and 5). That is a LONG time to go without electrcity! We have a generator, so DH is going to get it out MOnday and have it ready,a nd I am working on making a grocery list and I also want all laundry completely done. I am almost done there, just a few loads and I will probably do sheets earlier than normal, too, so they are done. I hope we are over-planning, and there is no ice! WHen that happens we are completely iced in, DH doens't work, and we just have to sit around the house reading or doing whatever... I need to add a library stop to my list of things to do! I did buy some new games before CHristmas when they were cheap and put them in the closet for times like this!

AOTD: I want to go to Hawaii I think Australia would be neat as well, with different vegetation/animals. I love watching that House Hunters Intl show! I am not drawn to big cities or commercial areas, I prefer natural out-side type vacations.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #20
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

OK My 7yods just told me that its PAJAMA DAY at school TOMORROW

The only Pjs he has are inappropriate for school (skulls or one pieces he doesnt want to wear in public.) So guess who just had to make PJs for him. They are actually cute, but still.

*smack* At least he didnt tell me at bedtime!