Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #11
MamaNeeNee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any other back sleepers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyloven View Post
Due date is in 3 days and I wake up on my back ALL the time. It actually feels better than laying on my side.
Thats really exciting! I hope you have a fantastic labor!

Advertisement

MamaNeeNee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgl
For me, it always helped to take a flat pillow and put it barely under one hip and a little of my back. That way I was mostly on my back, but just sort of tilted to one side a bit. I also second the lots of pillows when you are on your side.
This is what I have found works best. I always wake up finding myself on my back anyways bc that is how I normally sleep when not pregnant. It's just how I'm most comfortable. So to ease my nagging mind about it not being "safe" to sleep completely on my back (although I know many pregnant Mamas who do and their babies are fine) I just put a pillow under one hip and my back a little bit so I'm sort of tilted.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #13
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I slept on my back my whole pregnancy at least part of the night. I liked that I could feel her move better that way, and it was easier on my hips.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

I am 23 weeks and the only way I can sleep comfortably is on my back. Sometimes DH will wake me in the middle of the night b/c I am on my back and he'll tell me to turn over. I try to prop up with pillows but that makes it worse. I am going to just continue to do it until it becomes uncomfortable.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote