Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #21
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you share baby names? Why or why not?

We shared with our families and some close friends with DS (names, not gender, since we didn't know it!) and got way too many opinions. So, like PPs, I don't really care what they think so we're not sharing. I've told my mom some of the front runners but DH has told his family (who are annoyingly opinionated and not afraid to share it!) that since we know the gender we're keeping the name as our big surprise. Not a bad plan. When anyone else asks I just say, 'We're working on it.'

I don't get hung up on people 'stealing' names or even getting the idea from us (so I don't mind sharing online), but I guess we don't do particularly unique names, in fact I'm not really a big fan of odd spellings or super unheard-of names since DH has one and it's always bugged him, so it's not as big a deal for us I guess.

Advertisement

& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #22
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you share baby names? Why or why not?

Thanks for all the responses! So, from the situation in the first post, do you think I should ask this other person if she is okay if I use a name that was/is on her list? My friend who told me about it thinks I should, but I personally don't think I should have too. I feel like if I had never mentioned names, I would never have known this fact. I'm not very close to this person, I feel more like an acquaintance at this time, than a friend, iykwim. I'll have a very occasional conversation with her, but we do see each other weekly.