Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #21
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O -- eating out frugally

Kids eat free night! Our Uno's is Tuesday, and couple other places too. So dh & eat, then 3 (almoost 4) free meals.

Advertisement

Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #22
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second kids eat free night!!! We eat out most of the time unfortunatly.....when really we should just go to aldi and get food to cook....maybe im gonna have to start cooking more anyway if we dont go when its kids eat free night usually its me my mom and cadence so we just get and extra plate and share with her....that way she gets s good variety
Old 06-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #23
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaineinok
Drink water instead of paying for your beverages. Use coupons.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:18 AM   #24
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Dh and I always comprimise when it comes to ordering dessert. He's such a sugar-fiend... but really the only "good" resturaunt around here is Applebees...and there ain' NO WAY I'd shell out $4 for an oreo shake. So, we always drive down the street and go to Walmart.. spend $2.50 on a WHOLE pack of oreos and get some el Cheapo vanilla ice cream and then we can make 5 or 6 healthier sized shakes at home. Either that or we "splurge" and get a pack of Little Debbie cakes to share over the next week.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #25
rliszkowski
Registered Users
seller

We split a meal and order water to drink. The portions are huge. If we are really hungry or splurging, we will order an appetizer.

Kids eat free is a good idea, we usually try to leave the kids with family because it is so pricey for the whole family.
rliszkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #26
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

We buy the coupon sheets from McD's. You get like 10 or 12 coupons for $1... all the coupons are for free drink, free ice cream, free fries, etc. That way in a pinch we've paid $1 for 12 free quick snack things... not too bad!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #27
4LittleBlessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those Entertainment books are wonderful. Sometimes DH and I buy 2 for the year. I have seen them at a few books store....maybe B Dalton. The kids eat free thingie is suck a good idea. I know of a few place here in town that do it.
My older two normaly share a plate of food. We eat mexican alot so we have chips and salsa already at the table and that really helps fill them up. I only get them water...cheaper and better for them. Dh and I sometimes share a meal and a dessert. But now that I am pregos I am eating alot. Also if you can't finish bring it home and have it for lunch the next day. Two meals for the price of one. My grandmother does that all the time. She gets a to go box as soon as the meal comes and puts half away. She says that it is to help her stay in Weight Watchers. We don't drink out unless it is happy hour and dh just needs a drink. But I have a major problem spending so much for those drinks when I can buy a bottle of it at the store and take it home for the same price. We normaily don't get desserts which saves money as well. All this talk about food is making me hungry.

Old DS Feedback http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=6135.0
4LittleBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #28
ahisma
Registered Users
seller
seller

The Entertainment books are 1/2 off right now - $12.95 plus shipping.

We also buy them when we are traveling - there are usually tons of coupons for BOGO meals and attractions. We saved over $700 on our honeymoon with the entertainment coupons (12 days in Hawaii).
ahisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #29
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

Whenever I go out I never order a drink. I eat out a lot (5-6 times a week honestly) and that right there saves me around $12 per week. Also, I don't know if you have an Uno's near you, but their lunch special can feed two people for just $6ish dollars plus tip. You get a "personal" pizza, that is actually pretty big and good for sharing, and a bowl of soup or salad. They have carryout and sometimes I order the food at lunch time and keep it in the fridge til dinner time.

$1 taco nights are always good as well.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote