Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
mhibberd
Registered Users

My Mood:
Need ideas for roasting chicken leg quarters UPDATE

I origianly thought of putting them in the crock pot with canned tomatoes and seasoning, but the package is just huge and it isn't all going to fit. So I guess I'll use the oven and roasting pan. Figured I'd still use the tomato idea. But anyone have any other ideas? I am probably going to do them tomorrow... if I can get them to thaw out.

Advertisement

Last edited by mhibberd; 06-04-2007 at 12:51 PM.
mhibberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need ideas for roasting chicken leg quarters

I can't give you cooking times, temp etc, because I don't remember off the top of my head. But, I like to pour a mixture of 1/2 stick melted butter, 1T lemon juice, 1 clove minced garlic and 1t dried thyme over the top of chicken in a baking pan and bake until done. Tastes wonderful.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
mhibberd
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need ideas for roasting chicken leg quarters UPDATE

OK, they finally thawed out enough for me to see what's there and they are actually three... breast sections? I don't know what to call them, but they are like the whole chicken with legs and wings removed. So not bad for free!!

Not I have to figure out what to do with them. I have to cook them up, so it has to be something I can reuse in other dishes.

So, I figure I'll season them and roast.

Anyone who of temp and times for these?

I would LOVE suggestions for using leftovers. I would love to be able to use stuff I have and not have to buy a bunch of ingredients.
mhibberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, can you cut up the leg quarters? IE Seperating the leg from thigh and vice versa? That usually makes more room.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can't cut up the leg quarters, make two slits in it to make sure the seasoning gets all the way into the meat. Usually what we do when we bake these is take all your seasonings: oil, herbs, garlic, onion, pepper, cilantro, and whatever you use and blend it together to make a paste. Then rub the paste on the meat and pour whatever you have leftover on top of it. Cover with aluminum foil and bake. I haven't done it in a while but I think you can do 20 lbs of leg quarters (half a box) at 375 degrees for 40 mins covered and then take the aluminum off when you see the chicken is no longer bleeding and let it brown another 15-20 mins. They usually come out moist.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote