Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Got my new flat rate envelopes - LOVE THEM!! Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta View Post
are these the 9.5x12.5?
they are
Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope $4.95 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope $4.95 15" x 9-1/2"

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

WOW looks great! I am waiting for mine!!
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Some post offices will not deliver them since the envelope is not "flat." I have been told that at my local PO for the cardboard ones and think they will say the same about these new ones.
Yep, this. My PO won't let me use them. I argued because it says clearly "If you can fit it, you can mail it!" But, apparently not They said its a new policy and the envelope has to be completely flat.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree that it depends on the PO. One time I even mailed a FRB an it was packed full, so it was a bit fat, the PO worker took it but told me that I couldn't do that in the future.

Now I use carrier pickup and never have any issues. I think that's because my carrier knows how much I ship, that he doesn't care.

But I have heard of people having issues trying to use the envelopes for non-flat items.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yay! I ordered mine last week, patiently waiting for them.

I have NEVER had a problem with stuffing them (well except one time, when I had overstuffed and the envelope "exploded" in the mail )

infact my po lady was impressed on my stuffing capabilities!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #16
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I asked about the envelopes needing to be flat today while I was at the PO, I was told as long as it closes with the included adhesive it's fine. But I agree that it depends on the PO. I wish they would all get on the same page....

Thanks for the pics, OP. I'll get some ordered tonight!
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i had a flat rate envelope today come in stuffed full..my PO was trying to charge me the extra because it wasn't flat. I even argued with them about the total inches in the link provided above but they said that policy is envelopes have to be flat...>.< So they wanted to charge be an extra 7 bucks! So I just shipped it back. second times this has happened to me...
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
i had a flat rate envelope today come in stuffed full..my PO was trying to charge me the extra because it wasn't flat. I even argued with them about the total inches in the link provided above but they said that policy is envelopes have to be flat...>.< So they wanted to charge be an extra 7 bucks! So I just shipped it back. second times this has happened to me...
This is what I'm scared of with those, that a customer will be charged because according to the PO, not enough postage was paid. So I just don't risk it..

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
Oh man I am so sorry - I know it is frustrating when the PO person gets all high and mighty and tries to make up rules. I wanna come fight for you - I have worked in customer service for YEARS and I know how to "work the system" and what makes sense and what doesn't.

I wanted to give you this link as well
LINK it discusses envelopes - which is probably the rule your PO was trying to apply to the priority envelope - it clearly states that a REGULAR first class envelope has certain size requirements - and mentions using priority options for heavier or larger items. The 3/4 inch requirements are for first class only - and it clearly states that if those requirements are not met (under 13 oz) then parcel or priority is the other options...there is even a handy little link to the priority options which state that the items must "reasonably fit in the packaging" - nothing about being flat or having a MAX width.

Also here is the link to the policy about how much tape is allowed
link scroll down to the bottom and it says this:
Note: Flat Rate prices are available when material is sent in a USPS-produced Flat Rate Envelope or Box. When sealing a Flat Rate Box or Flat Rate Envelope, the container flaps must be able to close within the normal folds. Tape may be applied to the flaps and seams to reinforce the container; provided the design of the container is not enlarged by opening the sides and the container is not reconstructed in any way.

I am one of those people that will fight until I am told otherwise...if they cannot provide ANYTHING in writing that I can see then my proof in writing should prevail...I recommend printing off all the different info from the website and keeping it in your purse...and just stand your ground (nicely of course) and just keep asking to speak to someone higher up if you are getting nowhere....

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
ralesiah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The padded envelope looks flat to me. I mean, it doesn't look stuffed at all in way, shape or form. I'm going to order some right now. and YES, YES, YES! to poster above me, you said it all.