Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #11
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: would cloth trainers help kaylee potty train

We are using these and really like them!

http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=144

They have a hidden layer of PUL so they are great for when we are out and about. For us the *hidden* part is important because if the trainer resembles a diaper in any way it is used as such

When at home, ds is naked...he will use the potty for pee no problem, but when it comes to poo-poo he still wants the comfort of a diaper.

Good luck!

Advertisement

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #12
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bet the Imse Vimse are great! I like their covers.

The M&M treat thing is what we did too. It was amazing what they were willing to do/not do for a little m&m.

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
mamakori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the Imse Vimse trainers! They will hold a pee and allow DS to feel wet without leaving puddles over the house.

I ordered HH trainers and returned them, because they run huge! I got the 30-40 pound ones for my 36lb DS and they could have almost fit me!

We're waiting on some Snap EZ, which I hope will be good for errands and naps.

ETA: We also tried the Gerber trainers, and DS is too heavey a wetter for them. Even with wearing 2 pairs at once, we still get puddles on the floor.

Last edited by mamakori; 06-04-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding
mamakori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do the same as 7dunlaps. I put my kids in underwear for 1 or 2 days CONSISTANTLY and them see how they do. If we have a lot of resistance, tears and accidents its back to diapers and try again in a couple weeks. I tried with Eden just last week and she held herself all weekend which kinda alarmed me. I have 3 Imse Vimse trainers I plan to slip on OVER her regular underwear when its time to run errands etc. I wont go back to diapers, or a pull up (cloth or other) once we are training. Except at bedtimes. Oh yes we also do the M&M thing, lol!!!

Last edited by southernmom2three; 06-04-2007 at 11:02 AM.
southernmom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #15
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm loving this thread. I'm at a loss of what to do next. Our son started showing an interest in PL around 22 months. I was shocked. Anyway, we just got out little pottys and have been asking him in the morning and after naps etc.. before going outside if he wants to try. About half the time he tries he's successful. I haven't gone cold turkey into cloth trainers because he still seems young 25 months old now. I have a feeling if I would this would progress...

Anyway, what we're using for cloth trainers - I have simple padded ones from Hanna Anderson, 1 Immse Vimise (too loose in the legs for our guy), 5 SNAP-EZ and 5 cloth thought trainers. Most are cotton, 3 have PUL for when we're out. He has much more awareness in trainers than in a diaper. So far no luck with number 2, but daily with pee. Yesterday he went on his own, which was huge. His sister helped him with his pants, he was trying to pull down his shirt. He still is pretty little to manage his own pants, which is why I'm taking this slow.

I used Gerber's with our daughter (she trained in 2 days) different child and a little older. They are ok, but not as absorbant as any of the ones I mentioned above.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #16
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that cloth trainers would definitely help in the PL area. We used different types of trainers, but our faves were Snap-Ez trainers (all of them: Cotton, AIO, and stuffable). In fact, we are using the stuffable ones at night right now.

Going around bottomless helps too!!
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #17
sasha_forsyth
Registered Users

We only had the Snap-Eze AIO trainers. they fit well and hold one large pee (at least on our DD). I would recommend them for form and function. However, they never really worked for actual potty training. She would pee in them just the same as a diaper, even though she could feel when she was wet.
We finally decided to try the 'no more diapers' method and went straight to underwear. After 1.5 days it clicked and now a week later we haven't had any accidents since the first successful pee in the potty. So by the previous poster (the7dunlaps) method DD was definitely ready! DD is almost 2.5.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #18
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We went straight into Gerber trainers- he felt it best in those and I noticed and remembered better knowing he would leak. They do soak up a lot of it but pants have to get changed if he doesn't make it to the potty.

We also trained sitting down- hoping to catch the poop in the process of catching the pee. We are into week 3 and he has been doing both on the potty most of the time for about a week. This week he just started telling us when he needs to go!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #19
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also wanted to add, we used the gerber trainers (Cotton with middle thicker panel) for out and about on the girls and that did help. That way if they happen to have an accident it didn't just pour out and run down their legs, least not as bad.

I just saw A TON of GREAT trainers Just listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=160407

(I will say I don't know the mama, and she's new but she does have ebay feedback link posted )

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote