Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
georgendammy
Registered Users

I am so undecided and need some help..

Ok I bought 3 used magicalls on here last week and at least 2 of them are leaking through the cover, right where ds pees... I am not sure about the 3rd i am afraid to try it now. These have a pul in the outer fabric right? so maybe if I do a hot wash and high heat dry it will help reseal? Or is it possible they are just not right for us?

I think I love fitteds with a cover, not too thrilled with my bumkins all in one, though it is cute.. and i like my bg aio. does anyone think I would like a pocket or prefolds..??? If I like the fitted what else might I want? And can you get fitteds with aplix and no snaps? I would prefer that with my covers I think.. I am so conflicted, but i need to find my perfect dipe so i can stock up.. i hate washing daily and am trying to avoid going back to sposies.... help me.......

Thanks....

Advertisement

View my Feedback here EBAY and TBW

Last edited by georgendammy; 06-01-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo
georgendammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so undecided and need some help..

I had the same problem with Magicalls. There are lots of fitteds with Snaps. We use Little Beetle hemp fitteds www.betterforbabies.com. If your babe is a super soaker, hemp is much more absorbant than cotton. They are also pretty trim and have a low rise. There are lots of good covers out there so I wouldn't give up because of the Magicalls!
ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
deb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernMama View Post
If your babe is a super soaker, hemp is much more absorbant than cotton.
Won't George be happy to hear that...
Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
fsufan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never tried those dipes. But high heat may help reseal the pul. I'm a prefold w/ no cover user !!!
But I have used almost every dipe out there. I did like fitted dipes , but was never a AIO fan. I do own quite a few Bum-ware pockets though which I love. It is hard to find the system that works best for you, but stick with it Mama