Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How to sell? please help :)

So i read all of the related stickies and still have a few questions before i sell!
I have a working pay pal account, but how do i receive money on it?
How do i calculate shipping beforehand?
How do i ship?
Does PP take some of my money (for receiving it)?
Does delivery confirmation cost too?
sorry for all the questions! i want to do this right!
thank you!!

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: How to sell? please help :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB'sMama1031 View Post
So i read all of the related stickies and still have a few questions before i sell!
you give the email address you use for the account to the buyer. ONLY the address and always make sure it is correct. Make sure the buyers address is a confirmed address so your protected.
You can buy a postal scale, I got mine at office depot but you can get them cheaper on amazon/ebay
How do i ship?
Buy polymailers to put the items into, you can not use the paper envelopes for diapers. You can also use the priority boxes from the post office but you must ship priority if using them. Polymailers are very cheap at about .10/each.
yes, so calculate the fee into your price using this~ http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm
Yes, if you print labels online, dc is .19, if you buy it from the post office it is .75. Delivery confirmation is required to sell on diaperswappers. Shipping outside the usa, you need to hang onto the receipt which has the customs form # on it.
sorry for all the questions! i want to do this right!
thank you!!
Any other questions, feel free to just ask.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First off, you need to join the FSOT group to sell on here which can be found on your user control panel. Here's the requirements in order to join it. Oh and here's a thread on how to b/s/t on here.
Now onto your specific questions.

You provide the buyer with your registered PP e-mail address. The e-mail address you used in order to sign up w/paypal.
I suggest getting a scale. I have one my husband picked up from office depot for around $20.
How do i ship?
I always ship from paypal because not only is the shipping rate cheaper, so is the delivery confirmation and you don't have to wait in those long dreaded lines at the PO. When someone sends me a payment, there will be a "print label" button under the order status/actions column. Then you follow the screen and fill in the fields. The buyer's address will already be filled out for you (as long as they put their address on file). You can double check this by clicking on the the transaction details page before printing out the shipping label.
Yes, PP does take fees out. You need to incorporate this into your selling price when you list an item. Here's the PP fee calculator to help you figure out those fees.
DC does cost $.19 for first class mail, parcel post and media mail when paid online. I believe it's $.80 if you buy it at the post office. DC is free for priority packages when paid online. You will still have to pay $.80 for it at the PO even if it goes priority mail. For packages outside the USA, you can't get DC on first class. You can for priority and express but it will cost you a LOT. DC is required on all packages when b/s/t on diaperswappers.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you!! It looks like I can get delivery confirmation through pay pal too? How does it work with the weight when printing shipping labels using pay pal? Do i just put the items weight in and I pay for shipping using pay pal??
Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Make sure the buyers address is a confirmed address so your protected.
How do you make sure of this?
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB'sMama1031 View Post
Thank you!! It looks like I can get delivery confirmation through pay pal too? How does it work with the weight when printing shipping labels using pay pal? Do i just put the items weight in and I pay for shipping using pay pal??
Delivery confirmation is automatic when you print a shipping label through paypal. You can not omit it as far as I know. You just put the weight in the fields and select what type of shipping service you're going to use (FC, parcel, priority, etc) Just follow the steps. It's really easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdestructobaby View Post
How do you make sure of this?
When you look at the person's address, it will either say confirmed address in green writing or unconfirmed in red letters (i think it's red). It's been a long time. But anyhow, you can view it under the transactions details and also when you're printing out the shipping label because the address will be visible on the right hand side of the screen as you're filling out the shipping details.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awesome thank you!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
sunshine_03
Registered Users
seller

very helpful, thanks!