Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #21
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can we talk clothes?!?

I LOVE maternity clothes. They are so comfortable. I love having an excuse to wear leggings and pants. I don't remember when I started wearing maternity - but I definitely jumped in probably before I needed to. I didn't like the in between stage of not quite maternity but too fat for regular stuff. And I didn't want to buy up in size in regular stuff because it looks weird. But yeah, I love my maternity stuff. So comfy.

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #22
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

At home, I am ALWAYS wearing yoga pants or pajama pants. When I do go out (which isn't very often, maybe 2 or 3 times a week) I wear maternity jeans and either a maternity shirt or a regular shirt. My regular jeans fit, but not comfortably, so I don't even bother with them. I will take my elastic-waist pants any day. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can just wear dresses all the time. That is probably all I will wear from mid-March until the baby is born.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #23
anne1140
Registered Users
seller

I'm carrying ALL in my belly. It looks like a basketball. So I have been in maternity clothes for awhile. Maternity pants all the time, except I'm still able to get into my yoga and PJ pants, and probably 90% maternity tops. My old tops just don't cover the belly at all.

I don't know if I'd be able to still wear my old pants with a Bella Band. I haven't tried in awhile, because I found the Bella Band super annoying and just decided I'd rather be more comfortable in maternity pants.
anne1140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #24
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can wear my regular pants but I use a hair tie on the button. I either wear t-shirts or long shirts and a few maternity shirts. I have started stealing my husbands shirts/hoodies. I hate maternity clothes!
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #25
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and I wear yoga pants/PJ pants unless I am going out, then I wear jeans. I don't go out much lately. =P
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #26
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uuh, yeah, seriously?! You are LUCKY~!! LOL. I actually didn't get the maternity clothes out so early this time, and was wearing regular (skinny jean leggings bought 1 size big so they don't look quite so tight, and a shirt/tank I bought 1 size big so I can wear them after the babe is born) up until about 2-3 weeks ago.
Then I had to get the rest of my mat. clothes out.
I did just today wear a non-maternity shirt, it's a bra tank from VS that's like a "bubble" shirt, IYKWIM, so it fit perfectly around my belly with a *little* room to grow. I was thrilled! lol.
eta: I'm 107 prepreg and like 4'3", so my belly/thighs are what grow. I'm all out front usually. This time ppl are saying "wow, you're big" AND "wow, your still small!"
I actually feel like I'm smaller than I was w/DS1. but we'll see!
E-2.1.14

Last edited by mrseum; 02-06-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: eta
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #27
luvnmyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in between, too. Some of my non maternity pants fit, but they have to be unbuttoned and unzipped, he he (thank you bella bands) maternity tops fit, but all of my normal tops are too short, so I stick with what's comfy! My sweats and I are very close right now!!
luvnmyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #28
pacey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been in maternity forever.

However I wear alot of regular shirts. My regular pants dont stand a chance. I do wear sweats alot too.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
see I don't understand mamas that get to wear regular clothes until their third trimester. Being super short, I have to break out the maternity clothes at like 8 weeks, seriously. All that to say, that its not that much better on this end either. Its hard not feeling dumpy when I go out and about but I just try and focus on the end of the journey. Get myself a fresh haircut or some new makeup if I need a little pick me up.

though i can still wear some of my normal shirts, they're getting to the point where, if i raised my hands up, my belly would hang out. i think being so short and having a short torso (i'm almost 5'2 but my torso is probably same length as someone who's 4'11) makes it easier to wear non-maternity shirts longer. pants, however, have been all maternity since about 8 weeks, with the exception of one pair of very low-rise corduroys that fit until around Christmas.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #30
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ON Maternity cords and jeans are still huge in the waist, and I am finding my regular pants to be uncomfortable. Regular shirts are still ok, but getting a little short. I am rocking the yoga pants or loose fitting cotton dresses pretty much all of the time.