Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
GenevaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
He bit me!

DS bit me during the middle of the night feeding! He is 10 months old and just grew his first two teeth. He actually drew blood . I yelped and scared him to tears! Today has been a rough day for us because he senses how tense I am. I haven't enjoyed nursing today at all because I am just waiting for that next bite! Man, that hurt! This is making me sad, since I love our quiet, relaxed moments! Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
aadynhayleezion
Registered Users
seller

Re: He bit me!

so sorry, mama! i know it hurts. I have nursed two boys, one til 11 months and one to 20 months. Both were totally different. My first one bit and laughed when i cried/yelled. I had to stop and was very depressed. The next one did it one time maybe and i tried to not yell but just make a sad face and say, That hurts mommy. It seemed to work, because he never did it again. Though they are now 8 and 5 that totally matched their personalities! they are still they same way, haha.

Now, I have an 11 1/2 month old girl who seems to do it whenever she starts dozing off. She has teeth on top and bottom (7 altogether). I fishhook her mouth and pop my nipple out as she starts to fall asleep, hoping she wont clench before I do. It has worked well. She has done it during the day a few times and I tried the same approach as I felt the clenching. She does it no more for fear I wont let her finish eating. She prefers mama's milk over solids most of the time. Good luck and I hope he was scared enough not to do it again.
expecting a new babe Dec 22.
aadynhayleezion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
ksingh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My six month old bites too. When I feel her starting to clamp down I yell ouch, and she startles and stops. She is learning not to do it. I think in your case it may have just been an accident, but if it continues, just try to make sure he knows he is hurting you and it may help. It has for us.
ksingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
GenevaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! He bit again today and I just said no firmly, put him down, and turned away. That was enough for him to want to come back up and nurse again for real. Its really hard, because you don't know when those chompers are going to come down! We lay down together to nurse, so if I start to doze I am not looking for the signs he is starting to come off!