Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
senorajkids
Registered
seller
seller

Any mamas out there with Lupus?

I am 24 weeks pg and was just diagnosed with lupus. They have me on aspirin to prevent clots forming in the placenta and weekly urine and bp checks. My dr is pretty sure with my history of pre-e that it will become a pron\b soon. I also have an abruption. Good news is since starting the aspirin the contractions have pretty much stopped. Not much else they can do right now until I deliver. Ii am still taking the progesterone pills and the 17p shot. I am so over this pregnancy. It has been one thing after another.

I guess the only good thing about getting the diagnosis is I finally can make sense of all the pain and strange symptoms that I have had for years. Once I deliver I will see a rhuemie and be typed and staged. Then I can get on a med routine to manage flare ups.

What can I expect during the remainder of this pg and beyond. I know that lupus presents differently in everyone but any idea would be good. I am on research overload and all the info is making me crazy.

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Little Stitch
Registered Users
Formerly: bjoyyoder
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any mamas out there with Lupus?

Hey mama, I have a friend on DS that also has Lupus. I'll PM you her DS name and maybe you can connect
So sorry that you've been having a difficult time with your health and pregnancy!
Little Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i don't know much about lupus other than a co-worker has it, and she gets tired and cranky a lot (though don't we all? ). i hope everything calms down a bit for you!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DDC crashing- I have "lupus"..I put it in "" b/c my doc says I have it but its still in a pretty good place so he doesnt want to put it in my record and damn me medically. Once they say it its very hard to take it back. So for other docs and insurance I say I have lupus tendencies. You can PM me if you want and we can chat in private. Life with Lupus is hard and so is pregnancy...Good Luck!

My pregnancies are high risk- as per antibodies in blood....they do fetal heart echos alot. I'll explain more in a PM if your interested.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
OzarkCountryMomma
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry mama. I do not have lupus, but my momma was diagnosed with full blown lupus when I was 9 years old. Unfortunately, they knew even less about it then (26 years ago) than they do now. The answer then, was to give lots of narcotics to make you not care about the pain. Needless to say, my momma is now pretty much home bound do to being overmedicated. It has made for a very strained relationship between her and all of the family, Daddy and me included.

Fortunately, I don't think they treat newly diagnosed people this way anymore. My momma is so addicted that she doesn't want change. It's really sad, but I'm sure your new bundle of joy will give you the drive to not give up. I know other people that live happy fulfilling lives with Lupus. They do have some REALLY BAD days, but they cope.

I know there are a lot of really good support groups out there, but Momma justs wants no part of it.

I didn't mean to high jack your thread with doom and gloom, but this is just my experience. I am so proud of you going through with your pregnancy even though, you must be miereable some days.

I hope it doesn't offend you, but I have said a prayer for you.
OzarkCountryMomma is offline   Reply With Quote