Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Registered Users

DD2 has bitten me with her new teeth twice in the last 24 hours. They cut through about a week ago, and I've been hoping I wouldn't get bitten.

The first time was at 2am, scared the bejeezes out of me, I yelled "OW!" not thinking, pulled her away, and then had to console her as she screamed for 15 minutes. I think I scared her... :S The second time was earlier this evening, I removed her, said "We don't bite mommy, that hurts!". Anything else I can do? I know she's too young to understand what I said...

She's my first biter!

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Ouch!

ughh there are several things you can do including pushing your breast into her face so she can't breathe and then she'll unlatch.. also figuring out when they do it.. I guess some babies react to our reaction and think it's funny? I don't have the answer because I've tried everything that I found googling this same questiona nd she still does it from time to time especially when her teeth are just getting bigger (not just when they push through the gums). DD is 7 months and has 6 teeth.
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here..
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Ouch!

My LC told me to flick my son under the chin with my finger (not hard enough to hurt him, but more to surprise him) and remove him immediately from my breast. He stopped biting very quickly... But my son was a lot older when he was biting than your daughter is and he KNEW better - he was about a year and a half when he was doing it. It was so bad that my nipples were all bloody. That was a fun phase...
Sarah Proud WAHM mama to Connor 10/19/07, Autumn 12/19/10 , Cody 2/11/13 , Ember 5/19/15, and 2 little ones waiting for us in Heaven
sma123 is offline   Reply With Quote