Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Registered Users
Painful contractions at 29 weeks.

So, I've been having some pretty strong BH since around 23 weeks. I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago because they were a bit more regular, but not all that painful.

Last night from around 10 pm to 5 am, I had the most painful contractions of my life (seriously, if they get worse, I have no idea how women do it without an epi!). Granted, I didn't have hardly any painful ctx with DS1 and none with DS2 (both c/s). They didn't have any pattern, but I was averaging about 3 an hour and some of them were lasting about 90 seconds. I had to breathe my way through them and the only way I was comfortable was sitting up. I had decided to call my OB this morning if they hadn't stopped and then they stopped around 5.

I've had only a couple since they stopped completely and they are still very painful, not what I'd expect in a BH.

Should I call my OB? I don't want to sound like a freaked out preggo lady if there is nothing to worry about, and his rule is that if you have more than 4 an hour then you should call. But, I had them for 7 hours last night and had a couple more today.

What would you do? Has anyone else experienced this?
Jess ~ wifey to B ~mommy to my 2 sweet boys C & O and a little princess A
jessc82 is offline   Reply With Quote