Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those dealing with recurrent, constant thrush...there IS hope!!! (and benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmamatobe View Post
any update?

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
idigchaitea
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those dealing with recurrent, constant thrush...there IS hope!!! (and benefit

Here's my update!

I LOVE this stuff! I've been using Threelac and Candex for about a month now, and I am noticing major improvement. The burning sensation in my nipples is gone and hasn't returned, and the shooting pains in my breasts are extremely rare. The shooting pain only happens if I eat way too much sugar in one setting, and even then it's not that bad and very rare. So really, I haven't changed my diet at all (I still eat sugar and carbs) and I haven't had a thrush outbreak since I started the supplements. Eating less carbs would probably be even better, but I don't have that discipline (tried it in the past). It's pretty amazing, and I will be continuing to order the stuff. I've read that it takes about 5 months to completely heal yourself, but I noticed a change right away.

I do have die-off symptoms, which I also noticed as soon as I started taking it. I felt slightly dizzy after taking Threelac the first time, and I also have mild headaches after taking Candex. I think I have had candida issues for most of my life, so I think the die-off might take awhile for me.

Overall, I highly recommend Threelac and Candex just like the OP! It is pricey, but being thrush-free has done wonders for my breastfeeding relationship with my baby. I almost switched to formula because of recurrent thrush, but now i feel free.
*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* www.jonaselliot.blogspot.com , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigchaitea View Post
Here's my update!

I LOVE this stuff! I've been using Threelac and Candex for about a month now, and I am noticing major improvement. The burning sensation in my nipples is gone and hasn't returned, and the shooting pains in my breasts are extremely rare. The shooting pain only happens if I eat way too much sugar in one setting, and even then it's not that bad and very rare. So really, I haven't changed my diet at all (I still eat sugar and carbs) and I haven't had a thrush outbreak since I started the supplements. Eating less carbs would probably be even better, but I don't have that discipline (tried it in the past). It's pretty amazing, and I will be continuing to order the stuff. I've read that it takes about 5 months to completely heal yourself, but I noticed a change right away.

I do have die-off symptoms, which I also noticed as soon as I started taking it. I felt slightly dizzy after taking Threelac the first time, and I also have mild headaches after taking Candex. I think I have had candida issues for most of my life, so I think the die-off might take awhile for me.

Overall, I highly recommend Threelac and Candex just like the OP! It is pricey, but being thrush-free has done wonders for my breastfeeding relationship with my baby. I almost switched to formula because of recurrent thrush, but now i feel free.
Okay, I think I'm going to try this. I think I have had candida issues for a really long time as well. (At least 6 years when I had my first topical outbreak under my breasts, no kids yet) I've struggled with yeast with all 3 of my nursing experiences. It caused me to wean one of my sons at 6 months and exclusively pump, which lead to low supply and him on all formula by 10 months. I nursed my first set of twins in pain the entire time for 16 months. I am nursing my second set of twins in pain most of the time. For a while, it was just my nipples. Now, I get vag. yeast infections all the time too and it's interfering with my "personal" life. Not cool! I'm over this, very OVER THIS. Thanks for this post. I'm going to look farther into it tomorrow.

Do you mind if I ask what your die-off symptoms are? You mentioned headaches. I was just on a round of Diflucan, which didn't take care of it fully because I was also on antibiotics for strep throat. I had a horrible headache for like 5 days straight. I thought it was the antibiotic because I was finishing it up. Normally, I would wait to start the Diflucan till I'm done with that, but it was really hurting. I started my Diflucan anyway. I'm wondering if my headache was the Diflucan killing yeast. (Die Yeast! Die!! ) Anyway, what are some of the other symptoms? Thanks so much for giving us an update!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-16-2011 at 08:56 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another question: What makes the ThreeLac better than other probiotics? I take acidophilous in large quantities that I get from Wal-Mart. I've actually always thought their must be a better brand, but everyone has told me it doesn't matter the brand. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
idigchaitea
Registered Users
seller

I think Threelac contains three strains that are different from acidophilus. They are bacillus coagulans, bacillus subtilis and enterococcus faecalis. I think you cannot get these strains anywhere else, but I may be mistaken about that. It's good to take acidophilus with Threelac. There is also Fivelac, but I haven't tried that.

As far as die-off symptoms, besides the headaches I started pooping more! (sorry, TMI!)...I think it is really doing some good in my bowels. But other than that, I haven't noticed other die-off symptoms.

I hope it works for you too! I'd love to hear your updates as well!
*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* www.jonaselliot.blogspot.com , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #16
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I got something like threelac (three strains) at my grocery store for CHEAP. I am going to order the Candex now. My MW is putting me on a month long protocol of diflucan . I have been fighting thrush since Thanksgiving.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found this last night too. What is the one you found called?

http://www.symbionprobiotics.com/

I've been on the month long Diflucan. I'm going to skip that this time but I've done it several times.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
feelinfroggie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks bumpng this! I started antibiotics for a NASTY infection that I was hoping would not get this bad... so I need extra supplements to help keep the thrush away! I'm going to order this today!
feelinfroggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #19
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

subbing
Old 05-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #20
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mamas- any more updates?