Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
lbsmeck
Registered Users

nOsY Nurser!! Tips needed PLEASE!

My 6 mo old baby girl is just such a nosy nurser that she gets completely distracted by any small noise or breeze that happens to take place while she is nursing. It seems like she is only nursing for 5 min or less and then she is done and off to bigger and better things! This just can not be true, she just can not be getting enough!?! Can she??

Advertisement

lbsmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
oceanwesties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: nOsY Nurser!! Tips needed PLEASE!

My ds did that around that same age. We finally had to nurse in his bedroom with the lights off with just his sound machine playing. No talking or anything.. He is still that way at 1 yr old. Our biggest challenge now is keeping older ds from yelling or coming in or else ds will end the nursing session right then and there.
oceanwesties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
lbsmeck
Registered Users

lol too funny, yes have a houseful of girls so "quiet time" just is not a reality.
lbsmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwesties View Post
My ds did that around that same age. We finally had to nurse in his bedroom with the lights off with just his sound machine playing. No talking or anything.. He is still that way at 1 yr old. Our biggest challenge now is keeping older ds from yelling or coming in or else ds will end the nursing session right then and there.
Yup. Us too. this exactly. Usually she'd have a good morning session and somehow she survived the snacks all day and really didn't even ask to nurse more often. I started solids around 6mos so I started solids around the times when she wasn't nursing much anyway.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was easily distracted at this age, too. If I remember correctly, it lasted about a month.

www.clothisgreen.com
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
triscuit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes DS only nurses for 5 min and he is OFF! too. As long as she is an efficient nurser, she is probably getting enough. Can you hear her swallowing a lot? Does she seem to be "sucking it down"? Does your breast get noticeably softer after she is done? As long as she seems satisfied then she probably is, she may also just nurse more often.
triscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

I went through this with DD too, and it was especially bad if we had company over. I would go to her room, shut the door, turn off the lights, and play some music to drown out the noises coming from the rest of the house. Luckily, this is just a phase and it will pass. Good luck!
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote