Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Passing out...

This happened a good bit to me with my last pregnancy but only in the first/early second trimesters, oddly enough. I haven't dealt with it this pregnancy yet.
I never did figure out what it was but I imagine it was either a blood pressure or blood sugar issue.
I hope you get it sorted out soon, it is a very scary feeling, I know!
And definitely tell your doctor ASAP, especially if it is happening more frequently. I never did tell mine but I probably should have.

Advertisement

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:

ITS happend to me multi times this pg my vision and hearing go away, lucky I have been able to lean on something each time. but if I start getting warm and sweaty I sit down. My midwife so low bp and the baby could be sitting on a nerve
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
ricokatie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes call the doctor to be seen sooner! As someone mentioned, eat frequently to keep your blood sugars stable. Strange that your blood pressure would drop that much just sitting there, although that could be it. Sometimes an irregular heartbeat can cause that issue too.
ricokatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
Tizzymomma61
Registered Users
seller

This happened to me when I was pregnant with my son. I actually did pass out though, but I felt the same things you describe, and tried to fight it because I was in public. I went to labor and delivery the first time and it was my blood pressure. It was very low. They told me if I start feeling that way to have a regular soda. The caffiene and sugar help your bp to equalize. It really does help. I was in our garage the other day and felt it with this baby and had enough time to tell my husband I felt like I was going to pass out. I sat down until I felt like I was with it enough to get into the house and I had some soda and laid down. The OB told me standing in one spot, or sitting without moving around much can make your BP drop so try to move around and fidget as much as possible! Oh the things we go through for these tiny little babes!
Good luck, mama!
Tizzymomma61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
jacobsmommy924
Registered Users
seller

This happened to me too with my previous pregnancy. A lot of times. Twice while driving! Once I actually completely blacked out. Thank God I pulled over just in time... The doctor told me that my daughter was laying on a blood vessel that was carrying blood and oxygen to my brain. They had me come in and hooked me up to all kinds of monitors just to be sure everything was OK. And it was I just had to be very careful. I always felt very out of breath before it would happen, so I always had enough warning to sit or lay down and relax until it passed. I too have pretty low blood pressure while pregnant and in labor.
jacobsmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I'd love to get to the doctor earlier but she is currently in Antarctica! I go in on Tuesday though and have been being really careful.

Thanks for sharing all your experiences. I'm guessing it's low BP combined with low blood sugar since both times it happened I don't think I had eaten enough. I keep forgetting that I need to eat more - I'm used to eating when I'm hungry and if I'm busy then I don't FEEL hungry. I also generally have pretty low BP as it is and I read that around this time in pregnancy your BP is at it's lowest.

I'll bring it up on Tuesday. Until then, DH has banned me from driving. Which meant paying my hair stylist double to come to my house to do my hair. I told DH that was his choice!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote