Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

breastmilk treatment for pink eye???? HELP!

So, my son wakes up and tells me he has gunk in his eye. He's 6, btw. I, without looking, tell him it's probably just normal eye boogies we sometimes get and to wipe it out. When I get up a short time later, I look at his eyes and they are both pink. He's been rubbing them all morning. I think "oh no! pink eye! it's a saturday and no doc in the office!". Then I think I recall someone saying something about breastmilk helping pink eye?!?! I am not breastfeeding, not due until next month. Am I insane for hand expressing some colostrum and dropping it in my son's eyes?!?! Is that going to help at all? I am instructing him to not touch his face at all and if he does, to wash his hands. I am scared this will spread to my 3 year old and myself. I've never dealt with pink eye.. ever. So, is the colostrum going to do anything? Any recommendations?!?!

Advertisement

My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: breastmilk treatment for pink eye???? HELP!

breastmilk I know works...colostrum I don't know. What else works well (but can be unpleasant) is some honey dissolved in warm water and used as eye drops every few hours. Colloidal silver works well too.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yea not sure about collostrum either.. It worked really well with breastmilk.. it was less than a day and totally cleared up.. also.. what about going to a drug store and getting some of those OTC pink eye remedy.. at least it will help with the itching?
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would try it. We always use breastmilk. Colostrum has aLOT of antibodies.
Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

we tried it a bit, but decided to get some meds from the doc since DS was out of school and needed a doc's note. The meds are clearing it up much faster/better than the colostrum. I wouldn't hesitate to try it again later... just didn't work (at least not fast enough) this time.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote