||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-06-2011, 10:32 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: British Columbia, Canada
DIY Cake Mix Recipes?
Does anyone have one?
I was at a friend's house and she made up these muffins. She used one box of chocolate cake mix and a can of pureed pumpkin. They were sooooo good and DS gobbled them up. I would love to do this, however, I don't like using pre-packaged cake mixes. So, do you have a dry cake mix that you make?
Wanna save $5 at iHerb.com?
Use coupon code SIH017 and save on coconut oil, vitamins, soap, etc!!
|02-11-2011, 12:58 PM||#2|
Re: DIY Cake Mix Recipes?
I haven't done this yet but here's one I found- homemade cake mix http://busycooks.about.com/od/homema.../r/cakemix.htm
here's another http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/...-cake-mix.html
this one http://www.budget101.com/frugal/cake-mix-recipes-178/ has 20 mixes and a frosting mix recipe... just click on the one you want to see. good luck!
|02-12-2011, 08:43 AM||#3|
Re: DIY Cake Mix Recipes?
This is a recipe from Hershey's... but I made it recently & it was AMAZING, and SO easy!
(although, not very healthy)
"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE CAKE
* 2 cups sugar
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup boiling water
* "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)
1. 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. 2 Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10 to 12 servings.
ONE-PAN CAKE: Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 350° F. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.
CUPCAKES: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Heat oven to 350°F. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. About 30 cupcakes.
"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
PS- To reduce fat in any cake/brownie recipe substitute plain unsweetened applesauce in the same measurement