Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Registered Users
Nipple yeast infection....HELP!!!

Hi Ladies,

I know this is a weird topic. My 2yo apparently had thrush at one time that I did not notice. Long story short....I was pregnant and thought I had sore nipples from being pregnant. After a few months, I realized that it was a yeast infection of my nipples. OOOOUCH!! Anyway, I tried every cream imaginable and they didn't help much. OB dr. said I couldn't take diflucan while preg. So, baby is here now and I have taken 2 doses of difllucan a week apart. Each time, the problem got somewhat better and then returned after a few days. Baby and toddler are on nystatin.

Anyone have experience with this??? Any help would be appreciated!! This is my 9th baby and I've been breastfeeding for almost 16 yrs. straight and never had anything like it before!!

rzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Nipple yeast infection....HELP!!!

probiotics? can you take them while preggers?
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here..
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy

I ended up Sanitizing everything that came in contact with my baby's mouth or my breast. I had to hot wash all of my bra's and nursing shirts. I microwaved in a medela bag all of the pump parts and nipples, paci's and bottles from the baby. All while using Jack Newman's APNO. I also ended up with 30 days of Dilfucan 200mg daily. It took a lot to kick thrush! OH and we were in sposies during the thrush time.

ETA: I also take a probiotic daily. While fighting thrush I took it 3 times a day. Whole foods has some awesome ones for about $20 a bottle.
Mom raising three wonderful children.

Last edited by L&A'smommy; 02-13-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Probiotic
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Use Jack Newmans cream... its a lifesaver!!!
mrsdavewebber is offline   Reply With Quote