Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Exercising and supply

Question for all you mamas - I had some supply issues when DS was around 3months when I started working out again about 5 days/week (power yoga and weights)....so I quit working out out of fear of losing my supply again. However, around that time is when we discovered DS tongue and lip tie which have since been clipped and we are nursing well so I'm wondering now if that supply issue was due to the tongue/lip tie and had nothing to do with my working out. Thoughts? Has any one had experience with supply issues and working out? DH and I teach (well I used to now I am a full time SAHM) yoga and own our own fitness studio so it is a passion of mine but it's farrrrr more important to have a good supply of milk.

I appreciate your thoughts!

Advertisement

aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Exercising and supply

I think if you gradually add the exercise it'll give your body the time it needs to adjust. My son had a tongue tie corrected at 18 months and I didn't notice a flood of milk after that.
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacasey1981 View Post
I think if you gradually add the exercise it'll give your body the time it needs to adjust. My son had a tongue tie corrected at 18 months and I didn't notice a flood of milk after that.
I agree. Just make sure you are drinking extra water. My DD is almost 17m and I still forget I need more, that is until my mouth goes so dry
Old 02-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
DWA
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have Heard friends who suddenly jumped back in saying they noticed a drop in supply....I think the key is going gradually and tons of water.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all. That is my plan then. Slowly and staying hydrated. Fingers crossed!
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote