Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
Len27
Registered Users
seller

pumping, storage, allergy question

I have a three part question.
So lately I`ve been pumping just a bit every day because I need milk to mix with probiotics and supplements for the little man. Though I now have something crazy like 8 ounces in the fridge. We`re going out tomorrow night for dinner and a sitter is coming in. Does it make more sense to keep the fresh stuff out for feeding over the next few days, or freeze the fresh stuff and start using the freezer stash. I always think, feed the fresh stuff first, but then I end up never using the freezer stuff.

Also- I cut dairy out a few weeks ago hoping to help the lil guy`s eczema. My freezer stash is from before I cut out dairy. Should I pitch it or do you think it`s usuable. It`s only about 5 bags, but that stuff is, we all know, liquid gold. But if it`s going to set him back because it`s from my dairy-eating days, then it`s not worth it, kwim. WWYD. I do also have a 2 yr old, so I suppose I could mix it into her oatmeal rather than pouring it down the drain if you think I shouldn`t feed it to the little guy.

(Sorry, my question mark button isn`t working for some reason, those are supposed to be questions, lol).

Advertisement

Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: pumping, storage, allergy question

fesh is always best of course... u can donate what u dont want to use on www.eatsonfeets.com then u dont have to throw it down the drain. or U can save it for him for later when he can take it. Or like u said give it to your other baby... milk should never go down the drain... so many babies i nneed... so if u donate i am sure u will find someone willing to come get it... http://www.eatsonfeets.com/ take a peek... there might be a mom in your town needing milk...

Last edited by laura_mae99; 02-14-2011 at 07:35 AM.
laura_mae99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
mom2ally06
Registered Users
seller

i wouldnt give it to your son, you could always save it and try it later to see if his allergy is gone., otherwise I'd honestly give it to the 2 year old!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

I would always give the fresh before frozen if available. If you never use the frozen, it's not a big deal. As for the dairy, I probably wouldn't give it to him until you know whether or not it is making a difference to be dairy free. If he is better off dairy free, then you can use it another way (older child) or you can donate it.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Len27
Registered Users
seller

Thanks all!
I posted on that website's facebook group offering it up- I live in a pretty small area, but you never know. In the meantime, you guys are right, I'll feed the fresh stuff first.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote