Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pertussis Vaccine?

I am not normally one to run and get vax'd for anything! I refuse (adamantly) the flu and H1N1, but this one is something I intend to get, and will likely ask others to get as well. I know my MIL will happily comply and my mom just had it.

What about the kiddos?? Is that part of the ones they have gotten?? Is it only adults who need it?

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
I am not normally one to run and get vax'd for anything! I refuse (adamantly) the flu and H1N1, but this one is something I intend to get, and will likely ask others to get as well. I know my MIL will happily comply and my mom just had it.

What about the kiddos?? Is that part of the ones they have gotten?? Is it only adults who need it?
Yah it is part of the dtap combo so if they are current on those they should be good
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
ericamichelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDC-
Please remain vigilant about protecting your newborn even if caretakers receive the vaccine. The vaccine lowers the severity of symptoms, but will not necessarily prevent a person from spreading the disease. An infected person can look like they have no more than a cold and still be spreading the bacteria. Stay safe.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #14
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got mine before leaving the hospital. Dh got his done a few years ago when he applied for his residency, and the kids have had theirs. The nurses probably though I was weird getting that and dd didn't get her hep b. I would love to ask everyone to get it, but feel weird asking.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have already asked my family about it and they are planning on getting vaccinated, still have to talk DH's family into it, but have not even asked yet. I did find out that the vaccine could be in combination with a tetnis vaccine. I called my PCP ti find out what tetnis shot I had last and they had it recorded that I had it in 2007, but it did not include pertussis.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good idea Mamas! I have a friend in Cali who's 1 yo is very sick with whooping cough right now. Poor little thing is dehydrated & just not doing well!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
Darien
Registered Users
seller

My DH happened to get his last year when he had to get his tetanus shot but I've also asked my Mom & Dad to get theirs as well. Mom has now asked all of my other relatives to get theirs! It's kinda comical. My SIL is due a month before me, so I guess my mom is doubly motivated to protect her new grand babies.
Darien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hhum... am I the only one that hadn't really given it much thought?
We're here in VA, and I haven't heard much about it. Of course, that doesn't mean it's not around...Would they give it to you while you're in the hospital; or would you have to make a seperate appt? and is it safe if you're bfing??
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote