Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #21
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Re: sex and nursing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia101 View Post
Well I'm no help. We've had sex once in the last 5 months. I'm embarrassed to even admit that. I wish I wanted it more. My poor dh is prob going insane. No wonder he takes a shower every night .
HAHAHA..thanks for the

But for feeling embarrassed! No need to, we are all (well, most of us ) adults here!

Advertisement

Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #22
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...none of this is helping me. My "desire" (as far as wanting it) came back as soon as ds was born. I've had no problem there. My problem is that dh avoids the boobage like the plague, and that's about the only thing that gets me turned on.
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #23
tjcjlc99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dont really "want" sex till after dcs are done nursing. the boobs were off limits w/ dd1 and dd2 , but since dh said i could nurse longer if he could have bobbie play, he gets them too, i try to ignore it though, i hate the thought of leaking.
you do what feels right.

ps, be careful dtd at 2wkpp.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #24
Phooey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yikes! My doc says nothing in the vagina (tampons or penis or anything else) until 6 weeks pp. And frankly, I don't remember much of that time because we were both so stinkin' tired I think we were just happy to get some sleep and DREAM about sex...

Maybe he could just use some reassurance that they're OK to play with?

Phooey on realizing that I'd better go get some good boob time before the baby gets here...
Kim, WIFE to an amazing hubby, MOM to Duncan (12 - early teenager syndrome), Jensen (10 - middle child syndrome), two angels, Rowan (3 - preschooler syndrome), and Kaylen Grace (born 10/29/10 - Down syndrome).
Phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #25
JaymeleeD26
Registered Users

Definately let him know that BOOBS ARE A GO!!!!!!! If he's weirded out by BFing or scared you will shoot him in the eye, then pump like crazy before hand! As crazy as it sounds, if he knows your pumping "for him" he may be willing to pump for you, or to do things while you are pumping to "prepare" etc. AND the next time he sees you pumping, he may recall the last time and . ANYWAY, as for the not wanting any part, it takes time and WTG mommy for trying! I too was ready after my 1st DS about 12 hours after! I was just SO attracted to my hubby, SO overwhelmed with love and thinking that we made this beautiful creature - lets go another round -!! We held off till the 6wk visit though, cause we didn't know that it wasn't really Manditory to hold off!!! The second DS It was about 3 days and we snuggled like bunnies, but held of DTD for 2 weeks, just took it really slowwwww! POINT IS - FOLLOW YOUR OWN PACE - BUT KNOW THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEX MORE OFTEN ARE PROVEN TO BE HAPPIER DUE TO ALL THE GREAT HORMONES YOUR BODY PRODUCES - Ward off the baby blues by making sure your hubby doesn't get blue either (hehe)

www.myspace.com/jaymesSWAKparties.com ~ Let me be Your Personal SWAK Consultant and help you with all your "Adult Home Pleasure Products"!
JaymeleeD26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #26
LemonSqueezy
Registered Users
Formerly: cw262dh
seller

My Mood:

The scheduling sex thing, yah, didn't think we'd EVER do that, but my hubby heard Dr. Laura on the radio (usually hates her, but decided she might have some useful tips when it's something he gets from it ). So, she says that if you set aside 15 minutes every night (will be longer if you want it too sometimes), and he at least can go (in you or not, whatever works!), then he in turn will listen to you and give you just the cuddle time and adult conversation time (sometimes we just need someone to listen to how our mommy days are!). I find that some nights it is such a relief to just get him done (sorry! tmi?) and then I can sleep and not feel like a horrible wife for not wanting sex, because at least he's happy he got it! And it was only 15 minutes of time! Don't get me wrong, sometimes I love to have the long sex time that builds up and is more exciting, but let's face it--sleep is a must and sometimes it's all we think about!!! And the whole mommy to wife mode is so hard!
Anyways, I know it sounds bad that you need to please your hubby, but let me tell you, when we do set aside 15 minutes at night because he knows I'm trying to please him, he is so much more pleasant and helpful, that I love it. Then he takes time to cuddle and talk afterwards, or I can just go to bed if I feel like it. 15 minutes is really worth it IMO.

Last edited by LemonSqueezy; 06-05-2007 at 10:59 PM.
LemonSqueezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #27
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Gray View Post
Hmmm...none of this is helping me. My "desire" (as far as wanting it) came back as soon as ds was born. I've had no problem there. My problem is that dh avoids the boobage like the plague, and that's about the only thing that gets me turned on.
Maybe get a sexy bra or cami. So he can play with them without worrying about get milking on him.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #28
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

looks like i'm part of the club, too. poor hubby is going nuts ... he even adds sex to his to do list. but, seems that one of us is in bed before the other and crashes immediately.

my boobs are off limits, too, to a degree b/c i just don't want to leak all over! i do like the idea of getting a sexy nursing bra. i feel like an old marm w/ my current bras!

i was 6 wks pp before we had sex, but even then it was touchy b/c i'd had a 3rd degree tear and was mostly healed, but not completely. a good lube helps, especially if you're using condoms.

since then, it's only been a couple times. tell you what, i'm missing some good sex and want to ... but, it's been hard to find the time - there's always something to do, ds needs attention or i'm too tired ... or sometimes i'm just turned off by how blunt dh is about wanting sex. some sweetness will go along way ... but i know it's a two-way street. have to give in order to get, i guess.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #29
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
Yikes! My doc says nothing in the vagina (tampons or penis or anything else) until 6 weeks pp. And frankly, I don't remember much of that time because we were both so stinkin' tired I think we were just happy to get some sleep and DREAM about sex...

Maybe he could just use some reassurance that they're OK to play with?

Phooey on realizing that I'd better go get some good boob time before the baby gets here...

My doc said the same thing...actually any doctor I had ; told me you're not supposed to do it till your cleared at your PP checkup. But honestly I had no sex drive until my AF returned and still honestly its not really up there now. We try and all but it sometimes feels like a chore. Oh and my DS is still nursing but he can touch the boobs a little more now that jonah is almost weaned.
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #30
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It took me 9 months pp to get my sex drive back. It was shortly after AF returned.