Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Need some reassurance...

Hi mamas...I have a 3 yr old and 3 month old. My 3 month old is really wearing me out lately. I am trying hard to remember how quickly it goes by, and that she still is just a newborn. But she has to be near me at all times. My first DD was not like that. She could go to anyone, could sleep separately from me no problem..

As you all know, it is really difficult to be giving yourself 24/7. I guess I just need some reassurance. Maybe some tips on how to cope??

I'm BF'ing and cosleeping, which I didn't do with my ODD. I didn't start cosleeping with her until almost 2, and I pumped for 10months instead of actual breastfeeding. Honestly, I'm cosleeping out of laziness. She WILL NOT sleep in her crib and I don't feel like fighting it, especially since she is still so young. I do try during the day to get her to nap without me, and sometimes she will for up to an hr, in my bed.

How the heck do you Mamas BF for YEARS!?! You deserve medals. While I was preggo, I had such high hopes for BF'ing. I endured 10 months of exclusive pumping and never wanted to pump again (lol). Now I'm worn out already from BF'ing.

I guess what all this rambling is coming down to is that I'm really struggling with giving so much of myself....

Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Need some reassurance...

You need to find some time for yourself. Even if it's just an hour between feedings.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
Registered Users

I don't know the answer, but I think most mommies feel worn out from something.

You'll get through it. But youve got to take care of yourself too... So make yourself and your needs a priority too. if you're not well, then you can't take care of your LO's...they need a healthy happy mommy.

I think some kids are easier to bf than don't compare yourself to other moms who bf for years and years!

Maybe you can pump for night time feedings, so your so can help too. Things will get better...that infant stage is tough!

Last edited by *Peanut*; 02-14-2011 at 09:33 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
My Mood:

You're almost through the worst of it mama. My daughter was a disaster until she was 4 months and then she really became a delight. It wasn't the same old thing everyday.
Plus I see you're just down the 90 from me... Well this winter has really sucked and it's easy for anyone to get down. If I wasn't pregnant and ill, I'd insist that we get out of here for a week, go to Florida or something.
Soon, you'll be able to take your kiddos for sunny walks and little picnics and blow bubbles outside. It's all going to get better really soon! Spring is almost here.
Danielle, Nick, Gigi ('08) and William ('11)
Happy Family
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Registered Users

Just tough it out a bit more, and it will get so much easier. My babies were all super difficult until they were about 6mos and could crawl and get where they wanted. They were ALL mama's boys too! I remember just wishing I could take a shower BY MYSELF with noone crying! Dh tried to help, but they all cried a lot with him, until they got a bit older. The bf'ing will get easier too. My youngest is 9 mos, and he nurses before AM nap, before pm nap, in the early evening, and before bed and thats it. I hope it gets easier for you soon!
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy

Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
You need to find some time for yourself. Even if it's just an hour between feedings.
I agree. I am almost EXACTLY in your situation, same ages, cosleeping at 2yrs old no earlier, etc except my older DD was FF I didn't pump for her. My kiddos are now 3&1/2 and 7 months.

I've started leaving my girls with DH for an hour at a time and going out and running errands or doing things alone and taking a break. The baby did cry a lot at first, but for my own sanity and for DH's feelings she needed to learn to trust him.

I am going to try to go for 2 hours in a couple of days and get a massage. Now that my younger DD is 7 months she goes longer between feedings ( she won't take a bottle) so I can spend a little more time away from home. DH has pumped milk JIC that I leave with him.

Things really turned a corner for me around 5 months. Now that she is crawing and standing she isn't as glued to my hip as she used to be and that helps.

It gets easier.
Mom raising three wonderful children.
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote