Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
SweetVioletsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Insomnia anyone?

Is anyone else having serious insomnia issues?! For at least the last week I've been awake for hours each night and I'm not sure why. I did have some minor issues when I was pregnant with DD but nothing like this!
It's also strange, but I don't feel completely exhausted during the day. I guess it's just my body's way of getting used to the lack of sleep that's coming or something?!

Advertisement

SweetVioletsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Insomnia anyone?

I've had insomnia with all 5 pregnancies. This time it is brutal though. Glad you don't feel too bad during the day!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

I can't sleep either. I have a pretty regular awake pattern, I am up 2-3 times for a long time. Then when I do fall asleep the girls are getting up. I am dealing OK with it though.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

This is totally me lately! I am driving my DH crazy. Also been having really vivid dreams and tossing and turning all night. I am still holding up pretty well though, sometimes I have to take a quick nap.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:

I get more sleep when my babies get here! I usally take a tynol PM once a week but it didnt work this week, UGH
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me too
I've had a horrible time sleeping for the past couple of months. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep...usually sometime around 1am. Then I wake up a couple of hours later (around 3am) to pee and can't go back to sleep. It usually takes at least 2 hours before I fall back asleep and the DH wakes me when he gets up for work at 6 or 6:30am (alarm, shower, etc). Then I finally fall back asleep around 8am and DD wakes up at 9:30.
It's driving me CRAZY and I'm exhausted, but at least I do get to take a nap when she does in the afternoon.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

THANK YOU!!! I thought I was some kind of freak of nature for not being able to sleep at all lately!! Not that any of you are freaks of nature... I'm just happy that I'm not alone in this!

A typical bedtime for the last month or so has been 2-3 a.m. and I can't seem to fall asleep very well any time sooner than that. Around 4 a.m. the kitties both wake up and one starts meowing incessantly in the bathroom, so I get up around them to threaten him with the wrath of doom and/or a squirt gun. (You would too... seriously... "meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow..." ugh). Baby likes to wake up between 7 and 8 a.m. which I haven't figured out a way to sleep through because baby REALLY wakes up then and goes nuts. Get up and pee around this time, since baby has knocked into my bladder at least a couple of times to let me know that IT'S FULL and is taking up his/her precious space. Go back to bed, kitties decide to go nuts again within the next hour. DH gets up and goes into the other room to play on his computer. Kitties come in and cuddle with me and I sleep until 10 or 11, which about the only stretch of peaceful, restful sleep I've been managing lately, since 3 of the 5 "people" (baby, baby kitty, and big kitty) are nocturnal. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

I KNOW I don't have any other kids (aside from the furry ones, but apparently those stopped counting at some point) and so things should be easier and I should be able to sleep better so no one wants to listen to me whine about it. Still though, if I hear from one more person "Enjoy the sleep while you can, you won't have any after May!" I'm going to go on a crazy-pregnant-lady killing spree. What sleep? Where can I find more of this sleep to enjoy? People keep joking and telling me I need to "practice" baby related stuff like changing diapers, rocking babies, etc. Why the heck do I need to practice not sleeping? I'm pretty sure I can figure that one out LATER.

So yes, insomnia and I have become pretty close lately and I feel exhausted most of the time because of it. When I'm not exhausted, I'm hungry. I think I'm reverting back to my first trimester.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

All 3 pregnancies. It's like literally as soon as conception occurs, I can't sleep.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS I spent the last 2 months sleeping on the couch and recliner. I figure that I am going to have to do the same this time around. Between snoring DH, heartburn, and just not being able to get comfy I don't get a lot of sleep. I am usually not a lite sleeper, but i guess that is just part of it. I have become to rely on napping while DS naps.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #10
SweetVioletsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry to hear there are so many of you having similar issues! I hope it gets better for all of us soon
SweetVioletsMama is offline   Reply With Quote