Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #11
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Measuring Small?

I measured fine until 30 weeks at which point I started to measure small. This got me a ton of fetal non-stress tests, biophysical profiles, etc. (8+) I pretty much got to see my DD every week or so. They had me freaked out that she was sufferring from intra uterine growth restriction, but as it turns out, I was just small. It happens. Some Mama's just don't get that big. DD was born at 39w 4day weighing 6lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. They had me scared she would be 4 lbs or less.
As long as she is continuing to have some growth, I would tell her not to worry. I am 25 weeks 5 days with DD #2 and I am already measuring a little small. I am sure this LO will just be a peanut too.
Tell her to be calm, take care of herself and listen to her body. It will be ok!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #12
Mama'sPocket
Registered Users
Formerly: LizzieAG
seller

My Mood:

I have been measured twice within the same week and measured both large and small. It really isn't an exact science, So tell her not to panic until she has more info
Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
Ellasundies
Registered Users

I've measured small with both children. They both were right at 7.5 lbs give or take an ounce or two. Both kids were fine. The doc. I had with my second tried to get me all worried about it. But all was fine and she was born with apgars of 9 and 10. Don't let them frighten you.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #14
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks again mamas for sharing your stories and advice!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
Ola_
Registered Users

I agree with the above posts - it's really just an estimate IMO. I had a very similar experience with my measurements. At my 29 week appointment I was measuring at 28 weeks. At my 31 week appointment I was measuring at 29 weeks. Just this week we had our 33 week appointment and I'm measuring 34 weeks. The baby's position has a lot to do with it!
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote