Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
ALovelyStart
Registered Users
Formerly: OnTheJourney
seller

Another Shipping question/vent! Need WAHMs who ship to chime in!

OK, I am totally D-O-N-E with our small town postal lady. She is the crankiest, grumpiest, moodiest, and rude lady I know that is in the customer service field. Every time I have to ship something, she ruins my day. And I am typically a pretty easy going and happy person. I do try to ship from the city whenever possible, the lady at the post office that I go to there is super nice, but I don't make it into the city all that often these days.

So I have always been a "Go to the post office to ship" kinda person. PLEASE enlighten me to the ins and outs of shipping online. Canada Post site or Paypal shipping? What about international stuff...can I do customs form on line too? Can I do everything so that I just have to drop the package off (while Ms. Cranky McCranky Pants is out for lunch!) so I don't even have to see her? OK - that may be harsh, but I am sure if I start doing them myself, she will find something to complain to about it too. AGGGHHHHH!

I know I should be able to find all this info if I did some reading, but I am hoping some of the pros on here can give me a little help!

Thanks sooooooo Much!!!

Advertisement

Pop By my Fan Page on Facebook!
Shop at my Hyena Cart or come by my DS WAHM Tread! Stocking on Bitty Fluff 1st & 3rd Fridays and A La Mode on the 15th of the month!
ALovelyStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Another Shipping question/vent! Need WAHMs who ship to chime in!

Shipping through paypal is super easy. Just go to the transaction and click on "print shipping label" and it will walk you through the entire thing. If it is an international parcel it will take you to a customs page right there. Then just print it out and attach the top half to your parcel. You don't even have to go into the post office, just drop it in any red mail box (unless it's oversize then you have to take it in).
Old 01-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
ALovelyStart
Registered Users
Formerly: OnTheJourney
seller

Thanks so much! i don't know why it took me soo long to try Paypal shipping... totally easy and cheaper! Thanks again for the help!

Pop By my Fan Page on Facebook!
Shop at my Hyena Cart or come by my DS WAHM Tread! Stocking on Bitty Fluff 1st & 3rd Fridays and A La Mode on the 15th of the month!
ALovelyStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

You're welcome
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
uncannycanuck
Registered Users
seller

I had no idea Canadians could do shipping on PayPal. Thanks for the info!
uncannycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
era
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Speaking of shipping, do any of you Canadian mamas have any tips for making shipping the cheapest possible? I've looked into quotes with Canada post for shiping 3 or 4 diapers and it just seems so much more expensive compared to the package of dipes I get from the US. Any advice or tips??
era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by era View Post
Speaking of shipping, do any of you Canadian mamas have any tips for making shipping the cheapest possible? I've looked into quotes with Canada post for shiping 3 or 4 diapers and it just seems so much more expensive compared to the package of dipes I get from the US. Any advice or tips??
The cheapest way to ship to the US is Small Packets Surface. Up to 250g is about $6 and 250-500g is around $8.50. 500-1 kg is about $12.50. I don't know how heavy the dipes are you are mailing but that is the cheapest way possible.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
era
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerMommy View Post
The cheapest way to ship to the US is Small Packets Surface. Up to 250g is about $6 and 250-500g is around $8.50. 500-1 kg is about $12.50. I don't know how heavy the dipes are you are mailing but that is the cheapest way possible.
Thanks mama, that is helpful. Is it just me, or is it actually more expensive to ship within Canada than it is to the US?
era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

It is way more expensive to ship within Canada. It costs me $11 to send 1 diaper to Ontario.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sooo sorry to hear of your post office troubles, oddly enough though, I have the EXACT same problem!

Shipping on paypal is super easy and so much more convenient! And the instructions are pretty much all right there on paypal. I've never shipped something through the canadapost website though. I also noticed I've been saving more money shipping through paypal than going in to the post office.

I started by dropping things off inside because I'm a little weary of the drop boxes and things getting lost, but the same lady I've been having troubles with kept giving me a hard time. Each time I went in with the prepaid mailling slip taped onto the package, she told me she couldn't accept it. One time I had to wait 40 minutes in the post office for the manager to get back just to hear him say that of course it was fine. She ALWAYS tries to charge me when I come in with the paypal mailing slips.

I mean shipping is still pretty pricey in comparison to US shipping. I just have to try and ignore the US shipping fees for sellers because it makes me want to cry when I just paid $12 to send 3 diapers to BC today. And don't even ask me how much it cost to send 16 diapers to Nunavut

Last edited by novemberlily; 02-16-2011 at 07:34 PM.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote