Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Feb 17th.

Sounds like a lot of people are tired today! I hope you can all find some time to rest! I guess that is a silver lining of being stuck in here...I can nap whenever I need to.

Jules glad you feel better. Did I miss the ceramic picture?

Nicole congratulations on your visit from the boobjuice fairy. I've always had just enough to feed my babies....this time I'm hoping for an overabundance! I generally nurse a year, but with my 4 year old (thinking he was the last) we went 2.

I've never really babyworn but want to this time so I have a mei tai, maya wrap, and am thinking I would like a sleepywrap. Going to google gypsywrap and babyhawk right now !

Mama to DD 10, DD 8, DS 7, DS 5, and identical twin almost 1 year old girls born at 26 1/2 weeks and doing super! Thanking God every day for our blessings!!!

Last edited by watermelon; 02-17-2011 at 09:15 AM.
watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Umm.. kind of. I've been SITTING a lot, but not laying down. I can't breathe when I lay down because of my cold/allergies so it isn't exactly relaxing. The contractions weren't terrible yesterday but they were pretty bad last night and then today they're definitely here. I just want to get in and have my ultrasound done (next Tuesday) to check my cervix and her growth..
Hey, it's better than being up and doing too much. Hang in there!

Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post

Tara: Shopped till you dropped eh?
Well, it actually wasn't the plan! LOL! I did shop the morning, and part of the early afternoon, then I had to pick up DD1 from her dads (unexpectedly), so that was a lot of driving.
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hope that all the tired Mamas can get some rest today.

So DD has the flu. I am hoping that today is better than yesterday. Poor baby was so miserable all day, she just wanted me to lay in bed with her all day. That was ok with me, but I am hoping not to get sick too since I just got over a sinus and ear infection.

I use a Moby wrap when they are really little, then I have a Connecta Buckle Tei carrier that I love. I discovered it when DD was about 10 months old and used it a ton until she was almost 2. It distributed her weight really well which was nice because I am small and had a lot of trouble finding something that was comfortable for both of us. I did use a ring sling when DD was reallt little, and it was life saving with her reflux. She would just hang out in there for hours when she was not feeling well.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Rachel-cd:, extended BF , Co-Sleeping , Selectively Vax Momma to Alaina Sharon born 3/6/08: Joelle Mariana 6/4/11. And newbie Liam Joseph 3/24/15. Soulmate to D.
chapmanrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Collen-- DH bought $35 worth of Girl Scout Cookies for a co-worker. I have GD though, so I don't really get any. I told him some of those cookies better stay in the freezer until after the baby is born.

QOTD: I have two Ergo's, one I just bought off of Baby Steal about a month or so ago, and it hasn't been used yet. I guess if i want to use it for the newborn stage I'll have to get an infant insert. I also have a ring sling that I made when DD#3 was a baby. I might use it, or make a new one b/c the tail is a bit shorter than I'd like on the one I already made.
Stacey, wife to Nic and mom to 4 girls, ages 9, 7, 5, 3, and baby boy born in October 2014!
My Fertility Friend Chart!
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

We spent most of the day at the zoo. It was sunny and upper 60's so a perfect day. It was not crowded and the animals were pretty active, one of the elephants was even up at the fence. We did not cover the whole thing cause I was avoiding the hills. For the first time DS actually walked most of the way and I just pushed the stroller of stuff, that was nice. I got a couple funny looks cause I had a on a shirt that says "I love my bump, I love my bump". One other mama asked if I was wearing it in seriousness... I said yes, on some days.

AOTD: I have an ergo that I loved with DS, but will need to get infant insert. I also have a ring sling from a friend, but never really cared for those. I am thinking I may go for a wrap for the early stages.
me~Merissa 31 Wife to K 35
Mama to DS CW 9/19/08 DD GW 4/26/11
wileycolt is offline   Reply With Quote